Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awesome first weekend with my clients here in KS. Randall shot his first bird at 6:55 and the other client shot one this evening 30 minutes into his hunt. Both missed pulling off the double. I snuck off with Randall mid day and killed my 2 birds in about 5 minutes on a piece of public ground wearing camo shirt sunglasses and blue jeans. Randall's bird measured 9.25" beard and 1" spurs, mine measured 8.5" & 1" and the other clients was 8" and 3/4" spurs. Again amazing day just hoping this storm pushes out and we can fill more tags tomorrow

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
Nice birds Mason!

Reactions: masonbanta

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Congrats. I'm headed to KS on Monday for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve I'll call you later if your gonna be around Wichita I got something for ya. Ended the weekend with 9. Tagged the last 3 this morning 0652.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Right on man. Heck of a job thinning the population.
Thanks for the invite and I can't wait.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hutchinson KS freaked us out. They aren't supposed to be there! Killed 2 pure easterns and a hybrid the other is just a dirty rio. Have clients coming from TN next week for their Rios and I know what field we won't be hunting LOL.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another awesome weekend with clients. Put down 5 birds in 2 days for 3 guys. Have one more weekend of clients this coming weekend with a father son coming in.

·
Administrator
13,573 Posts
That was a good weekend getting the smack down on that many birds.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Saw a few birds just down the street from where the DU dinner was at today on my way back in town.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice! The banquet was fun glad you got to come hang out. I'll be around more than likely if you want go try and hunt.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
I won't be back to OKC until Sunday. Can't afford a KS license or tag, have no gun and only brought DoD approved cammo with me.

Reactions: Bird (this time)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm staying home this weekend only have a 1 man hunt so letting troy take care of it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Took my little brother this morning. Called in three and 1 left damn 1 bird limit lol. Anyway called him through the woods across a creek and into the pasture to 20yds.

·
Super Moderator
10,520 Posts
Congrats to both of you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts