Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all my Oklahoma hunting friends. I grew up in Oklahoma (Choctaw) but moved out west many years ago. All my family still live in the state and I'll always consider it home. This time of year I'm getting ready for chasing muleys in the mountains. Lately I've been reminiscing a lot about the many days spent chasing whitetails in Osage county with my dad and grandpa. So I thought I would come and hangout in your interwebs and get a taste of home :)

Trent

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Hello to all my Oklahoma hunting friends. I grew up in Oklahoma (Choctaw) but moved out west many years ago. All my family still live in the state and I'll always consider it home. This time of year I'm getting ready for chasing muleys in the mountains. Lately I've been reminiscing a lot about the many days spent chasing whitetails in Osage county with my dad and grandpa. So I thought I would come and hangout in your interwebs and get a taste of home :)

Trent
Welcome to OKH! We have several including myself that live in Gods Country (Osage County).
I appreciate your love of the mule deer. We just got home from 2.5 months in Colorado where mule deer were common. Split our time from Antonito Co and Del Norte.
Beautiful country up there.
We have a hunting contest starting and out of state members are welcome to join for bragging rights only, so if your interested, sign up

https://www.oklahomahunter.net/forums/170-2020-2021-hunting-fishing-contest

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter. Glad you found the place. So where is it you hang your hat these days? I moved outta OK last spring and now call south central Wyoming home. Will be chasing mule deer in about 2 weeks for my sons youth tag. As Dennis mentioned we have a bragging rights hunting & fishing contest starting up. Feel free to join up and play along.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter. Glad you found the place. So where is it you hang your hat these days? I moved outta OK last spring and now call south central Wyoming home. Will be chasing mule deer in about 2 weeks for my sons youth tag. As Dennis mentioned we have a bragging rights hunting & fishing contest starting up. Feel free to join up and play along.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
These days I'm hanging my hat in California. Been looking at moving to Cheyenne actually. I'm in the utility business and there are some good companies to work for there. California sucks (a lot) but the mountains are nice. I love the Sierras and spend as much time hunting and fishing in them as possible. Except for right now of course. Everything is on fire and all the National Forests are closed. The CA Fish and Game will be refunding tags/points/fees for most species this year. So CA hunting is out for me. I have an annual trip to Utah in October so looking forward to that. I think I'll also be back home (OK) for Christmas this year and might hopefully get some time in the woods.

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome.
These days I'm hanging my hat in California. Been looking at moving to Cheyenne actually. I'm in the utility business and there are some good companies to work for there. California sucks (a lot) but the mountains are nice. I love the Sierras and spend as much time hunting and fishing in them as possible. Except for right now of course. Everything is on fire and all the National Forests are closed. The CA Fish and Game will be refunding tags/points/fees for most species this year. So CA hunting is out for me. I have an annual trip to Utah in October so looking forward to that. I think I'll also be back home (OK) for Christmas this year and might hopefully get some time in the woods.
When I was stationed in Lemoore, CA ('00-'05) I hunted and fished the Sierras. Deer and bear in D-7 mostly, did some deer in southern A-zone a well. Lots of hog hunting west of Coalinga. I hated CA except for the hunting and fishing part.
Cheyenne is 165 miles east of me. They are currently building a massive windmill project along the I-80 west of Cheyenne. They also have one going in about 15 miles south of me. That's a 3 year project that's in year 2. Just completed a high tower line project through here a well. That was a 200 mile or so line addition. We have a boat load of windmill, power line, gas & oil guys here in town for extended stay projects. Have a dozen older motels that strictly rent rooms to the power company guys. Most are here on 6 month rotations. Lots of them are from Texas and the Dakotas right now.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Welcome to the site Trent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts