Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no land to hunt on other than the Lexington WMA and some private land that I'm only allowed on with my father in law that is too far to hunt anytime but the weekend. So Lexington has been my primary hunting place for anytime my father in law can't hunt and running out for a quick hunt when getting off work a little early. It was working out well until last week I went out to a friends stand out there and it was gone, cable lock and all. They even tore down all his orange marking tape and threw it in a pile on the ground. I had to tell him the bad news and we were both pissed. It was so discouraging. It sucks that one hunter would steal another hunters stand. Well yesterday I got off with enough time for a quick hunt. I headed out to my blind which I thought was in a secret spot. Not anywhere close to where my friend's stand was. Well as you can prolly guess it was gone too. Nothing left but my folding stool laying on the ground. That's twice in two weeks I went out for a hunt only to have it ruined by having stuff stolen both times. He has vowed never to hunt out there again, and unless I'm in the mood to lug my climber around after a day at work I won't be going there either. This stuff makes me so angry but mostly it makes me sad that an honest hunter like myself who has to rely on public land to hunt gets screwed by other hunters and has to give up on public land.

·
Registered
840 Posts
You would think that hunters would have more respect for other hunters! I guess even jerks can be hunters too! Of course, if all hunters were good sportsmen and honest, there wouldn't be poaching either and game wardens would hardly be necessary. Sorry about your loss and I hope you find a better place to hunt real soon!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Newbie I know exactly how you feel...Three times in my life I have approached my stand in the dark, only to realize someone had taken it...That's with a chain and pad lock on the tree..Until it happens to you there is just no way to describe your tremendous anger...I'm sure not a violent person but at the time I sure wanted to hurt someone and hurt em real bad..But...thankfully, I would never know who took them and I did live to hunt another day..Hang in there my friend, keep being a good sportsman and hopefully it will all work out in the future. The only other thing to hope for is the sorry SOB falls out of your stand and breaks his neck...... :mad:

·
Registered
541 Posts
One other note to the story...all three times I was hunting on private land and I was the only one that had permission to hunt on the property..Never the same property either...and everytime I would be in my stand until dark the day before and return the next morning to find it gone...they always got taken during the night......Go figure....

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Sorry to hear about your blind and buddies stand. That stinks big time. I can relate to the anger. While in our case it wasnt a stand or blind it was a bunch of camping gear right out of our camp site. We had a good idea who it was as they had confronted us and said we had taken there camping spot even though we had been in it 2 days already. We made a police report with the local warden. I hope you did the same.

Have you given any thought to hunting Lake Thunderbird. Its bow only but if thats what you hunt with then its another option for you.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Sorry about you guys losing your stands.
I didn't lose anything expensive, but got out of a stand that had hammered 2x4's for steps, and had a plastic seat that just strapped around a branch. Like Sasakwa, I was in the stand until dark and when I came back in the morning, it was gone. It was private ground, but adjacent to Kaw WMA.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Its sad times when ya have to put video serveliance cameras on your own gear in case this crap happens.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
It happens to us all, just got to have more then one place to hunt on the same grounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.