Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good luck to all going out in the morning. Rut is still on.
We sighted in rifles today, and drove around my buddies hunting areas. He sure has lots of quality bucks :eek:
Looked more like pheasant country to me, but the big bruisers were out there chasing does.

·
Registered
74 Posts
truck is loaded, backed into the driveway. Protein heavy breakfast ready for the morning. LICENSE is in my wallet. all ready to go. Just need to fall asleep quick tonight so the alarm can get me up way to early. Only down side is the 1 hour drive down to Amber.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My dad shot this dandy 7-pt this evening at 5:06.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats to your dad for the fine buck! ;D
I saw several today, but held off since it was the first morning.
About a half hour before dark I saw the big mama jama tending a doe in the cut milo field 1/2 mile to the north. Got down and put a stalk on the field, but it was too dark to shoot when I got there.

I have a tree stand on that fence row, and I'm thinking I'll be sitting there tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Nice! Well good luck to you on getting that guy!!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Good deal on the buck.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
To hot to hunt deer when you look at 70-74 for the high & it don't take long to get their.
Next week will be better weather for the hunt.Thanksgiving day has payed off year after year for me.

Best to y'all that go out over the weekend.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wind was horrible today.
But still saw deer. Had to move to the deep woods. had 3 small bucks come by, one chasing a doe, and 4 does.
This afternoon my buddy called, and we walked out grass fields with cedars on them like pheasant hunting, and busted deer from them all.
Got a running shot at one, and got the doe in the spine.
Sure drops em quick:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hunted back down by Mcgee Creek for opening weekend and filled my second buck tag with this broken up 11 pointer. Both brow tines were broken down to 1.5 inches and the G3 on one side was broken off. He was 17" wide and still scored 120". I believe that he was probably about 130-135" inches before the fights broke out. I got a doe with my bow Friday evening before opening day. I have taken 5 this year and have a freezer full of venison. I guess I will duck hunt some. Good luck to the rest of you.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on getting the freezer full! Lots of hi protein, lo fat eating to go!

I'll be starting quail and pheasant hunting next weekend, as well as deer hunting.

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Congrats to ya.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Me & the son in law spent thanks giving morning & early afternoon out in the wood with no luck.
Nothing moving at all in the high winds.
Friday morning back at it again...Took a break around 1:30 p.m. for lunch & then went & walked out a wood lot with no luck but seen one new nice rub.
Went back to the location we were hunting & sure enough about 200 yards down from where we park the truck & turn around 2 big bucks broke from the road way.
We turned around & got loaded up & headed for the back.Nothing else that evening.
Saturday,I took a break & my son in law & step daughter went back out to the same location.
At around 5:40 p.m. a buck was chasing a doe & the doe just about ran into the ground blind with um.
Since they had no doe tag ,he waited & the buck broke over 30 yards in a thicket no shot.
Sunday morning, I went duck hunting with Honcho & Shady bear killed half a limit & came home. We killed 6 total our shooting sucked.
Son in law called me & said they had a doe come by the blind @ around 9:00 a.m. no buck though.
They took a break & went back out to jump up 3 deer on the walk in.
Hope something happens here soon LIKE DEER DOWN. Get over here & help drag dad.

Next weekend will be all day deer hunting till tag get filled or bust.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like your putting in the time. Just need the luck to go with it. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis, just need the deer to cooperate better ;D .
Were seeing um just not getting a shot at one though.

Sunday the son in law called & I went to the woods to help him out.
He shot but nicked the deer in the neck from all that was gathered that evening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.