Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in Glenwood Springs, CO on vac. On the way we stopped in Wheat Ridge, just outside of Denver to visit Gunsmoke. What a joke. Nothing but over priced stuff that no working man could afford. They weren't even there and apparently are never there except for filming. The store is dinky. Reminded me of how Southwest Shooters Supply was just prior to going out of business. Very disappointed.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Yep, reality is a biatch. I could tell from what they buy and sell guns for on the show, my wallet couldn't even make it in the door.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Never watched that show.
Watched sons of guns twice, and had all I could take.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it amazes me the people that go in there and he quotes then 16k for something and they agree and never bat an eye. I would laugh hysterically as I was walking out.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
while giving the one finger salute. ;)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just watched the most recent episode where Ritch quoted a former Denver Bronco player $6000 for an Encore with 3 barrels. Wtf? Are they made of solid gold? You could buy about 6 of em for that.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I've got an Encore BP, with matching TC Hunter scope that I'd let got for $3600, and I'll go find ya the other 2 barrels for another 1k. Just cause I'm a nice guy!!!!! Geeze, that show has got to run a lot of people away from getting into shooting, thinking that you need 10 grand just to shoot a .22 pistol.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
It's all Hollywood production. That says enough!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts