Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

Having some of the in-laws over tomorrow. Fortunate to only be working a half day today so can start making stuff. Was going to be 13 but found out 4 haven't been vaccinated so down to 9 now. There are a couple of high-risk family members, my Mom included, that I will do anything to ensure don't get sick. We're also going out of country soon and a negative test could cost us thousands if unable to go.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!!

Having some of the in-laws over tomorrow. Fortunate to only be working a half day today so can start making stuff. Was going to be 13 but found out 4 haven't been vaccinated so down to 9 now. There are a couple of high-risk family members, my Mom included, that I will do anything to ensure don't get sick. We're also going out of country soon and a negative test could cost us thousands if unable to go.
Nothing wrong with being cautious. Where are y’all headed?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to Y’all!!!
Our Thanksgiving with my wife’s family isn’t until this weekend. My wife and I have been at our OK house alone since Saturday and will be heading back home tomorrow to start getting ready for the festivities this weekend.
We’re doing ours Saturday but will be down south tomorrow visiting Miss Andreas Mimi. Anyone in the Calvin area?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your just up the road (35min or so) we pass through on the way. You ever hear about the Bell mansion there on the east side of town? They do a murder mystery dinner and serve I think breakfast or lunch that gets a lot of good reviews. I’ve gone to a small church just north of Dustin for a good part of my life but admittedly not as much as I should. Have a lot of family in that area.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving y’all from the Petersen family to yours. We’re gonna spend half the day helping a buddy who owns a local restaurant prep and cook 35 turkeys and all the fixings. He does a free Thanksgiving dinner with the fixings for the community, veterans and senior center. They also deliver to those who can’t come. The local RPD and RFD also get free meals.
Family and I just wanna help and give back some.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Currently in Breaux Bridge Louisiana.
Thanksgiving will be with two other couples that are RV friends we meet around the country.
With deaths in the family and family living in other states, Covid and all the BS, we sat at home alone the last two Thanksgivings.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanksgiving will be with two other couples that are RV friends we meet around the country.
With deaths in the family and family living in other states, Covid and all the BS, we sat at home alone the last two Thanksgivings.
Good hearing you’re out and enjoying life! Y’all be safe.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Well mines off to a good start. Opened fridge to get turkey out that we just got last night. Fridge smelled horrible. It was our rotten Turkey. Yayyyyyy. Back to only store open. Bought a ham. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Can always come ice fishing (not this year) in WY for Thanksgiving.

·
Super Moderator
11,573 Posts
Went to the Sinclair Oil Refinery and made up 120 to-go boxes for the workers on duty. Made up 8 for the RPD, 8 for the RFD and those guys/ gals on duty and another 155 for walk-in to go orders for the community. Im tired as hell and my back hurts but it was well worth it. I’ve had to work or been deployed for many a Thanksgiving so I know what it like.
Home now for our own dinner spread and a few cold ones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts