Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well sunday I get to go on my controlled hunt. I got drew for cookson for a doe with a muzleloader along with two buddys. I will b getting up at 02:30am so we can leave around 3:30am from muskogee to b there b4 05:30am when the gates open.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Best of luck to you all. Have you scouted the place and have a spot picked out yet? If not let me know and I tell ya about a couple of spots. Lots of ridge runners there.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Tough place to hunt. Lots of oaks, acorns all over the rocky ground, and hard to find trails across the rocks, but when I hunted it, I found some creeks, and spotted a good trail in the mud.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah we went and found a winter wheat field. one guy is going to hunt the field cause he is older and can't walk far and me and the other guy is walking 200-300 yards off the field n different directions and we found a lot of runs that's headed to and away from the field.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Sounds like the same plan I used at Mcalister this fall. The bigguns hang out aways untill it gets dark before going to the wheat. Good luck again. Sounds like you have a good plan ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.