Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to OK hunter forum. I'm from North AL but I lived in Lawton for about a 1.5 yr and loved it. I did some hog, turkey (eastern) and deer (once) hunting. I fished in the Wichita Mountain NWR and at the dam in Mediciane Park (forgot the name). I am looking in the future to come back out there and do more hunting an fishing in the future. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum hope you stick around awhile.

Some of us know the areas around MP very well. Gauge the new big dog of the site lives a stones throw from the dam. I'm down that way hunting or fishing with him as much as my wife lets me. I like the area as well.

I'm planning to get in on the elk hunting at Ft Sill this fall.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum! ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bullbuster I heard its not easy to get in on the Ft. Sill elk hunts. I was a contractor working on post and worked with the wildlife guys a few times and they say it tough to get a tag, but good luck if havent already received one. On a side note, I miss eating at Old Plantation, I always enjoyed their food.

·
Super Moderator
11,012 Posts
I think we ate their a time or two after a hunt. Also the little place attached to the gas station off the 58 at the marinia entrance to latonka. But yes good food at both places.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum RED_MAN1.
Don't know when ya left the area....
Old Plantation got remodeled a bit & under new management with no more worry's about under cooked food.
Hunting & Fishing around here is still good.
Deer got hit hard from the snow storm a year back & have been lower in numbers.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Welcome to the site RedMan!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts