Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I just stumbled onto this site and thought I would join you all. I moved to OK from Missouri this past summer to attend graduate school at OSU. I am married and have 2 sons, Larkin and Hunter. I love all things hunting, but turkey hunting would be my favorite! I have recently taken up competitive turkey calling and love it. I'm looking forward to getting to you all.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What part of Missouri are you from? I am originally frow the Kansas City area. I now call Oklahoma home.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
A BIG Howdy Do To You and WELCOME to the forum.

We hope you stick around awhile and feel free to post away.

What part of OK you live. I know you said you was at OSU but I know they have several area campasses as well.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Welcome to the forum! ;D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to school at the main campus in Stillwater, but live in the country between there and Perkins.

Baby, I grew up in east central MO, near Fulton, but moved here from Marceline. Marceline is in North MO, about an hour and a half from KC. Where around KC are you from?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I am originally from Gallatin, MO. Just about 75 miles NE of KC.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Welcome to the site, Perkins area eh? Drill a few oilwells back in my roughnecking day up there. Saw alot of good deer and turkeys around there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are a lot of deer around there! I got lucky and rented a place on 80 acres and the landowner said I could hunt. I was able to take a good 8 point and a doe last fall. The buck was with a muzzleloader and the doe with a rifle. Unfortunately, there are no turkeys there. I have seen a lot around, but have not had luck getting permission to hunt.

Here is a picture of the buck from last fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I used to goose hunt in sumner and duck hunt at fountain grove. Chillocothe is 30 min from gallatin and brookfield is an hour away. i used to hunt in daivess, grundy, livinston counties along the grand river when i was younger.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
You sound like you do allot of hunting and fishing. Have you given any thought to joing the 2011-2012 hunting and fishing contest? You have till the end of the month to let me know so I can get you put on a team. Check out the contest info for more info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts