·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
A great victory!
Problem is..... Chicago mayor daley is following the lead of Washington DC in the Heller case afirming the right of a citizen to own guns buy imposing new rules against ownership.
daley is going further by announcing he is going to the world court to contest it, because of a law (I can't remember it now) that says US courts can't overturn a ruling by SCROTUS.
Just remember Daley never travels anywhere without an armed squad of bodyguards.
I guess its ok for him but not us common folk.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Just hope that the SCOUS doesn't get many more O'mama justices in before the Nov elections and the Dems loose control of the congress. It's tight now as it is.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many Libs and many states are going crazy as they feel states should be able to regulate and pass any common sense (BS) gun law they want even those like DC and Chicago.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
Five of them did right this time. Makes me kinda wonder about the other four.

Michael

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
About time we had something good go our way for good gun owners.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Just read this am that Mayor Daley is trying to pass a city ordinance that will shut down all gunshops in Cook county, as the majority of shootings happen around the gunshops ??? ???
Also only one pistol per household.
"The items they sell are dangerous to the public" is a quote from the story.
Like cars, so we shut down dealerships, knives, so we shut down walmart and close all steakhouses???
Where do these idiots come from?? ???
The NRA has vowed to meet these latest challenges in court.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not shocked the NRA is gonna step in they step in anytime they feel they can claim a win. Yet they won't say a word when it other gun issues. When OK was trying to get OC passed this last year they took a neutral stance on it. Heck they are based in VA which is the OC capital and they won't even step in for basic rights such as that.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I'm not shocked the NRA is gonna step in they step in anytime they feel they can claim a win. Yet they won't say a word when it other gun issues. When OK was trying to get OC passed this last year they took a neutral stance on it. Heck they are based in VA which is the OC capital and they won't even step in for basic rights such as that.
I'm just a little fish in the sea, but I know that if a battle is looming, I'll pick the ones I can win, and see what I have to do to come in the backdoor for a win on the others.
I don't know why they didn't do a lot in Ok on the OC, but I'm thinking they thought a win was coming without them having to spend any money as Henry's record in the past got him an A+ rating from the NRA, but I can assure you that rating went out the window.
That veto and the other lib defectors really made me mad. I'm working with Ken Luttrel's replacment as we speak in my district.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts