Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished shooting the 2 day High Plains Shotgun Challenge.
12 technical stages with 200 rounds of birdshot, 75 rounds of 00 Buck, and 75 rounds of slugs. That was minimum rounds if you didn't miss....and I missed some. LOL!

The match was put on by ******* Tactical. Trapr Swanson, and Kurt Miller. They teach shotgun skills to Seal teams, FBI, and the list goes on.

Kurt Miller is the World champion in several catagories, and master of the weak hand reload for shotguns. There are dozens of gun rag articles about his accomplishments, and he is from Edmond Okla! How cool is that?

My first match at this national level, with dignetaries like Jerry Mickulec (world champion relvolver, factory shooter for S&W as well as others, Jesse Tishhouser, and others featured on 3 gun nation. http://youtu.be/CsLx5ISBXw4

http://youtu.be/UV3f9O5_WAw
Just watching these guys is totally impressive.
I thought I made a good run on a jungle stage, clearing all 25 targets without a miss in 40 seconds, after starting with an empty shotgun and having to run 7 yards to get the gun, load it with 8 rounds, and start shooting.
Jerry Mickulec did it in 25 seconds, and is 70 years old for the stage win overall.

I'm humbled.

I have some video's to post of my sorry performance later.......

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Now that is cool!!! It must have been quite the treat to get to watch JM run thru the stages and see how it's really done.

·
Administrator
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is Jerry shooting a highly modified Saiga 12 gauge , fully ported with 4 muzzle brakes along the length of the barrel. I shot it after him. The recoil was like an AR. Very soft.

Shooting from the hip at steel with 00 buck

Sitting in a tube, firing bird shot at a spinning Texas Star, and steel.

Shooting steel with 00 buck from inside a building.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I bet he really likes that Siaga and the mag feed. I remember he had some sort of slid built onto the bottom of a regular tube feed shotty and the preloaded shell stacks. Worked like a champ, just looked weird.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That is cool getting to shoot with all the big shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts