Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to do some hog hunting on public land. I have been to several of the WMAs duck hunting and deer hunting but don't know much about hog hunting. I would really appreciate any input/advice on WMAs that I should look at or stay away from. I have spoken to several of the biologists but most information they give is very broad. Thanks again!

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum. I don't hog hunt much. There is a population around the north end of Kaw lake, but they are really nocturnal from what I hear. One would really need a bunch of drivers, and some standers on the other end to flush them out.
Love valley WMA has a good population from what I hear.
You can't bait on public ground any more, so that makes it that much more difficult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Those are actually 2 places I have been looking at. I will most likely have a couple other guys when I go so a brush push might be possible.

·
Administrator
13,720 Posts
The west side of Kaw on the north end has the thickest brush. I suspect that is where most of the hogs are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've bird hunted Waurika WMA several times in the past and it has PLENTY of hogs. Please go thin some out there so it's less to worry about my dogs getting into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts