Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here ;D

I ain't hunted hog in some time but would give a nut to do so again. I'm not asking for permission to hunt your land or to tag along with you. Unless you offer, I'm not a begger. I've shot a few hogs in the past so its not new to me.
What are some good areas off public land that give a respectible shot at a hog. Meat is meat and I'd live to have my kids along.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
There are pay for play areas across the state. One of the members here is the hunt manager for the Chain Ranch, that has hog hunts. As far as public land, I just don't know. I'm in the North Central part of the state, and so far we have been spared the hog problem. They are getting close so we will have them soon enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll have to look into some of them ranch hunts.

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Just about anywhere that has hogs wants to get rid of them. At Ft. Sill they are opening up some of the archery only areas to shotgun slug hunting for hogs. Eastern and SW Okla are getting over run with 'em.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok. How the heck ya doing? Glad to know someone else besides Gauge on here.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Just come down here to hunt.
I got plenty of places to hunt & Ft.Sill out the front door.
You can ask a lot of the guys on here how good the hunting is around my parts.
Bird,tulsahunter,okchunter,Mason Banta,Rob K and so on.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
I killed a sow earlier this year down at Gauges. Also as it gets cooler we have a little place up in the northeast part of the state that seems to do well sometimes. The only problem up here is they are really noctornal and you dont see many in the daytime.

Let me know if you are interested and you can tag along. We are always willing to meet another hunter who is likeminded in out way of thinking.

Michael

·
Registered
918 Posts
Canton public ground has some hogs on it as well your best bet for public ground hogs is ft cobb and anything SE as far as the ranch hunts go as Dennis said I manage the Chain Ranch in Canton if you would like more info feel free to call or email me 5808865985 [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll look into all the info.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
Ft Gruber just out of Muskogee is a great place for some monster pigs.
Welcome to the forum HighCountry!! Tell us a little more about yourself, and if you want, sign up for the 2011-2012 hunting contest. I think its a waiting list right now, but we sure would like to see you with us! ;D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bull, i would definatly make the effort to hunt pigs on Ft. Sill. There a ton of them, I missed three this weekend (dont ask) but my buddy managed one. We get on them every time go out lookin for them. Plus if you get all your Ft. Sill stuff together you can put in for the Elk gun draw or archery hunt elk. They have great camp grounds on post if you wnat to bring the whole family (water park, boating, and stuff). I would stay with gauge though! The next class is Saturday at 0900, at the class they will tell you every thing you need to know to hunt on post, then for 20 bucks you get a fishing and hunting permit for the year. If you have any questions about hunting on post let me know. It will be archery/shotgun/ML only for hogs.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check your PM.

·
Registered
33 Posts
we have hogs everywhere if you like i will ask some of theem ranchers if we can shoot some.we hunt with dogs and catch them alive.pm me if you would like to hunt

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we have hogs everywhere if you like i will ask some of theem ranchers if we can shoot some.we hunt with dogs and catch them alive.pm me if you would like to hunt

First off you got some huge :-X if you hand catch them.
What kinda dogs you use? I've never hunted them with dogs before only spot and stalk. But I have gotten up close and in your face with a few.
I've been watching that show on TV "Hogs gone Wild" and they catch and hog tie them alive for transport. Some they stick with knifes.

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Must be a heck of a rush.

·
Administrator
14,407 Posts
There ya go bull!

·
Super Moderator
11,429 Posts