Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here watch that show on TV? Last night they did a show from CA, OK, LA and GA. I know they area they hunted in Cali. But they never said exactly where in OK other than South Central. But they got a hog about 400 pounds here in OK.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yea, I saw that guy fall off of that 4 wheeler.Then the next day those two fellars shot that big hog at least 2 times each,with bows.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I watched a couple of those shows and that dude in Hawaii get me. He traps the pigs and then relocates them?????? I've been to Hawaii and it isn't big enuff that a pig won't eventually wind up right back where it started, I'd think.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a retired Gunny friend that lives on the big island now and is a hunting guide. He has met that Aussi guy a couple times. Its amazing how many hogs can be in a small area as the cover is so thick and food all around.
When I was stationed in Guam years back we used to see hogs all the time. Had to chase them off the runway so we could launch out aircraft.
Talked to a good friend back in Cali this weekend and the property we hunted them on is getting really bad with hogs. The only way to control them is to allow no license, no limit and a 24/7/365 season. Its like $20 a tag in Cali now for a hog. When I was stationed there it was $9.50 for a book of 5 tags an no limit on tags or harvist per day.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
And that is a great example of trying to manage wildlife when bean counters and tree huggers get involved!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Unfortunatly, I don't get to watch a lot of TV. My wife has to watch all of the reality stuff, so I just entertain my self shooting, farming, outdoors life, reloading, and so on.... works for me. ;)

Snookie is on now, and I really don't give a crap about anything she has to say, or any of the rest of the reality crap.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Snookie?!?!? WTF???? is a snookie???? :eek:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ain't a snookie one of them silver fish with a black line running down the side?Dennishoddy, I would think you would like watching a fishing show.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Ain't a snookie one of them silver fish with a black line running down the side?Dennishoddy, I would think you would like watching a fishing show.
Snookie is some twit on one of those reality shows my wife watches. NJ shores or something....totally stupid, but the reality people like her.

I prefer the fishing shows to the hunting ones anymore. I get sick and tired of watching the hunting people scream like girls when they kill something, almost pass out with excitment, jump around like idiots, and go into a litanny of sponsors.

I know its all about the money, but it doesn't work for me.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya but some of them women make cammo look good and I really like cammo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Snookie is some twit on one of those reality shows my wife watches. NJ shores or something....totally stupid, but the reality people like her.

I prefer the fishing shows to the hunting ones anymore. I get sick and tired of watching the hunting people scream like girls when they kill something, almost pass out with excitment, jump around like idiots, and go into a litanny of sponsors.

I know its all about the money, but it doesn't work for me.
Dennis, this is the exact reason I quite watching..If one of my boys would have acted like that after a kill, I would have picked up his gun while he picked up his a$$ and we would have went home..most shows I get embarrassed for the guy doing all the jumping and holleriing...Makes me sick....

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree with y'all but they day I loose any excitement or emotion from a hunt is they day I give it all up. Them TV folks do go over the top in the acting aspect. But If I shot me some of the deer they do I'd likely loose it as well. Must be nice to hunt big deer on private farms and get paid to do it. Oh the life of a public land hunter.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've been pretty lucky in my life as to a good place to hunt and the quality of deer...I wouldn't even want to guess how many I've taken but I do have a knot head wall of fame in the barn that has several racks..With that said..I still get the same rush in my system when I see the deer..big or small I start the same fast heart beat and the nervous feeling..When I do happen to get a pretty good one down, I still want to rush up to him and just grab the horns..pretty natural I think to just start grabing horns..BUT..as far as the hi-fiveing, the fist pumping, the hollering, the total BS...no thank you..I'll pass on even watching..

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
I'm not even gonna post the body count, but from the first to the latest, I still get excited with every kill. Heck I get excited with killing a diller ::)

Its all the made for TV crap I don't like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts