Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be home for the holidays for the first time in a few years and would like to take advantage of the extended holiday antlerless season to put some meat in the freezer. Also hopefully let my son get his first deer. My folks are in Osage County and I was thinking of heading to the Kaw WMA and hunting the walk-in area on the eastern side of the area. Anyone have any experience in that area they wouldn't mind passing along? If anyone knows of a better place to go I'd be willing to give it a go. I've never hunted the Kaw area so that's really just a shot in the dark. Came across it doing some online research on someplace to go.

My dad sent me pictures of lots of snow out there this week. Hope everyone is going good and staying save.

·
Administrator
13,586 Posts
Kaw is hunted pretty hard during deer season.
Be aware shooting pigs on Kaw is not allowed.
If I were you, I’d head for the Vickery Ranch area east of Newkirk, or the Webb city area to get in some scouting. There will be bird hunters out as well. Sometimes that’s not a bad thing. They tend to keep the deer moving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry I can't help out Kent but I want to add to your thread - hope that's okay.

I just read yesterday our holiday antlerless season includes 2 does this year instead of just 1!! It's like a Covid bonus(okay, that's a stretch) but I'm going to try and get out to do my part in conservation Sunday or next weekend after risk of shooting Santa is over! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts