Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Its -4 with the wind chill right now. Supposed to drop to -15 with the chill later on tonight. Lucky for me, no wait, I'm here at work and have to be out in it.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Ooooo now that's ccccoooold!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
I never thought I'd see they day when it was cold enough to make hand warmers steem in the air and still be useless. My face hurts from the cold wind.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sux at work. We have all kinds of things freezing up, and have no choice but to go work on them. Spent most of my 10 hr day on top of a 100' fly ash tank trying to free up the vent valves and associated equipment. Finally got it going around 5pm today.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Same here.
Been out in the cold everyday with 14-16 degree weather & North winds of up to 45mph.
Thank God for Goose down cloths. They been worth their weight in gold the last few days.

·
Registered
52 Posts
its so cold that i dont want to pull anyone over, i just want to stay nice and warm. ;D ;D who am i kidding its still fun. just retardedly cold i feel like the kid off the christmas story who cant put his arms down i have so much cold weather gear on.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I can't tell ya how glad I'm not a ruff neck anymore or working graveyard on -135's outside. But in the spring and summer it was pretty nice.

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't tell ya how glad I'm not a ruff neck anymore or working graveyard on -135's outside. But in the spring and summer it was pretty nice.
Where were you roughnecking at?
I was on a mountain in Korea for a year at a microwave site where it got to -70F.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Dennis, all over the state in my 6 years. Did a lot around Perry and on NW like Jet/Nash area. Drilled one well about this time of year by Ponca City and got snow in at the rig by 14" snow storm and was stuck there for almost a week. The other crews couldn't come in and we couldn't go home. Toolpusher hired a dozer to grade the road into town so we could get food at least. Talk about a fat check, 24 hrs a day for 6 days!!!!

-70 just ain't right!!

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll bet that was a heck of a paycheck :eek:
Yeah the -70 sucked, but with the wind chill it was worse. We were issued full artic gear to get from the barracks, to operations. About 100 yds. The 4th of July and two days after it got to a balmy 34 degrees. I will say this,the US Army took care of us while up there. Fresh steaks three times a week, and all the trimmings. First run movies every night on a 16 MM projector with a panavision adaptor.Great duty except for being away from the family for 13 months. My first son was 2 weeks old when I had to report for duty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its so cold Guage and I tried to duck hunt Sunday morning and I walked 40 yards across the ice to where the decoys usually set and the ice never even cracked or made a sound.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Honcho, yeah but I bet it beat being at drill this weekend!!! BTW, I got your picture.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Its so cold Guage and I tried to duck hunt Sunday morning and I walked 40 yards across the ice to where the decoys usually set and the ice never even cracked or made a sound.
Well now ya don't have to worrie about water in your wadders.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Went duck hunting to day ;D . Had a great day Honcho and myself limited out. But the lake was still frozen took about an hour to break an opening about 20x5 ft. Then had to walked out or lowed crawled ( thank you combat arms to teach me a proper low crawl ) to retreive the birds. It was a little scary walking on ice and hearing it crack. So like the good retreiving dog that i am i went so Honcho can be safe and dry. ;)

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Yeah you don't want Honcho to get wet. Some of that cuteness might wash off ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Yeah you don't want Honcho to get wet. Some of that cuteness might wash off ;D ;D ;D
Honcho and cuteness ::) I don't think you can talk like that on this site.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I heard a different story,Shady.
Honcho said he retrieved ducks.

Shady-good to hear ya got your limit & a drake hooded merganser.(I hate you. J/K.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts