Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch Very little TV. The three shows I watch are Triggers, Future Weapons, and Sons of Guns.

The Sons Of guns show is almost a made for TV piece of BS. They do get to do some cool stuff though.

Seems like the hosts are ex Navy Seals or something......Anybody know how I can get a show?

******* hunting? Open for suggestions here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've always thought that a more "real" hunting/outdoor show would be cool, maybe even 100% public land and door knocking, none of the high fence, extraordinarily expensive outfitted hunts.
Also, the comedic side of things, not quite the TK and Mike hunts, but some of the real funny stuff that happens (maybe just to me) when hunting.
As far as getting one of those jobs, please let me know!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, maybe we should start a "I screwed up a shot" show. :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Hi ! Welcome to BUCK FEVER OUTDOORS. I'm your host Smokewagon ;D

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
******* Outdoors Bloopers: I got caught with my pants down when the Big One stepped out!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Been there done that. That's the best deer attractant there is.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
My show would be "1000 Ways to Muck Up a Shot"

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Have lots of money and people to do the work for you. I have seen tuns of hunting and fishing shows last hardly a season. One of my favorites was a DIY on public land show. That's all it was was DIY ON PUBLIC LAND. They cover everything from regs to license costs. They even showed on a map exactly where they hunted. It lasted maybe 2 seasons. I'm sure the threats from hunters upset about the good area going even more public did them in.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Possibly.
Saswaka and I were, and have been talking about how stupid the hunting/fishing shows have degraded to. There was a show where a guy shot a 110 class buck, climbded down from his tree, got on his back, and waved his legs and arms like a newborn, screaming like a banshee.

The only thing I think about after seeing a deer go down is having to drag the guts out of it.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Dennis I agree. I usually try and hunt far away from another person that when I do get a deer down is one heck of a drag out. No ATV and a bunch of ranch hands to do it all for me. Most of then guys on the show never touch the deer once pics are taken. Its done by others and donated. Maybe they do if a mount is done.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I've thought about that myself. A show that shows all the off-season work and other stuff. Goofy stuff, like getting busted when you aren't looking the right direction. I've done that plenty of times. Look around, check the time, put the phone away to stand and look behind me only to have a deer come in downwind and bust me. Happened this season actually!! :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
How many times have you seen a show where they made a horrible shot of flat missed and next thing you know they are sitting there with their deer. I've seen it lots of times thanks to pause and rewind. Especially on Lee&Tiffanie

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. "the shot was a little far back"
They gut shot the deer, and "decided to back out".
It's almost as bad as seeing the deer one of the tv hunters shoots with about 6" of penetration. The arrow flopping on the entry side.
I've killed deer with a 45lb pull bow, and had a complete pass through.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I like the TK & Mike Hunting Videos.
Them 2 will make you roll in laughter.

I wouldn't last long on a show for to many reasons. ::) :eek: ??? ::) ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
I like the TK & Mike Hunting Videos.
Them 2 will make you roll in laughter.

I wouldn't last long on a show for to many reasons. ::) :eek: ??? ::) ;D ;D ;D
Well I can start naming some of those reasons...

Your old, ugly, short and balding.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts