Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 30 some years, I've drug em out of the woods with a rope to start with, and finally a strap that fits shoulder high that allows one to not use any hands while dragging.
Last couple of years, the spring chicken has turned into a cranky old rooster, and use the three wheeler whenever possible, and a 2 wheel cart when not.

How about you guys?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Carry,drag and roll them out on a cart.I have even floated one in Kaw lake along the shore for about 3/4 mile.It had rained the night before and the mud was ankle deep.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carry,drag and roll them out on a cart.I have even floated one in Kaw lake along the shore for about 3/4 mile.It had rained the night before and the mud was ankle deep.
Last season, had a doe that fell into the creek.
Easy pulling until the dry field.

·
Registered
92 Posts
most the places i hunt i can get a quad in pretty deep to limit dragging. sometimes when circumstances permit i can get the truck in there to limit work...otherwise its drag it with a rope.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
I moan, groan, and kick'n scream the whole drag out. I did sit on one once and ride it down the mountain road like a sled. No controll however.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dennis, I drag and cuss till I can get my polris ranger to them then winch into the back. A little work onthe winch so the line will go over the back. Sure helps an old mans back!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear ya on the back. Threw mine out twice loading in the back of the pickup.
I'll have to post a pic of the hoist that I use now. I'm hunting in the am so I'll do it then.
If I take the three wheeler, the tri-fold ramp works great to get them in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts