Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap! I just looked at the oil change sticker on the windshield. I had the oil changed the day before archery, and here it is last day of gun with a month an a half to go.
I'm showing 2,568 miles. The only time I drive the Toyota is back and forth to the farm. I have a car to make the commute to work.

thats 128 gallons of gas, that equals $418.52. Sure makes Venison some of the most expensive meat on the planet.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Short distance is 7 miles long distance 45 miles.
Lake Lawtonka, Lake Ellsworth or Ft.Cobb.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
840 Posts
I live here! I walk out my door, and through my pasture gate. The hunt begins!!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Depends on where I'm hunting. So far this fall I've made trips to hunt with okherp and many trips to gauges neck of the woods. Also made 6 trips to the new WMA. The shortest trip one way is 65 miles and longest is 90. I couldn't begin to count the total miles I've logged so far this season.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
I drive from Dallas up to Miami, which is about 5.5-6 hours, 325 miles...recent construction has made that trip lean toward the longer end of that. Gosh, how I wish it were closer! Be grateful if you can just pop out and get in your stand any time you want to!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
If I figured out how many miles I drive to hunt or work, I'd quit both. Now I do like to hunt, don't like to work near as much tho...gonna have to quit one of them in 3.5 years I guess.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My shortest is right out the back door. My longest is about 40 miles round trip. I have driven from Purcell to Fort Supply for a 1 evening hunt, 7 hours round trip, only hunted 45 minutues and 2 deer down so we loaded up and came home.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Last year I was driving almost 4 hours from Prattville to Rattan, land I'm hunting now is less then 30 minutes away,sure is convenient and way less expensive, not to mention, the hunting is decent and the land didn't cost me a penny to lease,I'm happy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts