Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We noticed today, that the front door, that we almost never use, will not close correctly.
We have sandy ground, so I wasn't too worried about it. Now I am. The ground is settling.

I have an asperagus patch in the garden, and put a 5/8" hose on the top of it, so that the water would run down hill, and do the rest.
An hour later, there was a 12" puddle, and no run-off for the rest of it. Ran right into the ground.
Told my wife to go to wallyworld tomorrow, and get some fan type sprinklers to start watering the foundation before it gets worse.

How is it working for you?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Its kickin my butt!!! Wheat field is toast, my grass hay is gone, new grass wont come out. I'm about to have to start digging in to my alfalfa, but if I feed it up I wont be able to get more. First cutting alfalfa is not even worth the diesel to go cut it right now.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Ponds around here are getting low.If the cracks in the yard get any wider I am going to have to tie on a 2X4 so I won't fall in.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got one pond dried up, but it was pretty silted in anyway. I've been attempting to dig it out with the little tractor, box blade, and front loader, but its like trying to kill an elephant with a flyswatter.

I need Farmboys track hoe for a couple of days :-\

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is getting critical here in Dewey county. Where my ground is a little tighter the wweat is rolling up and turning Blue. My hay yard is geeting short if it does'nt rain pretty quick there won't be any carry over for next year.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Its not going good for me. I wanted to re seed the lawn but the ground is like a rock. Plus I'm fresh outa beer.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
It hurts not having it.
Yet on the bright side of it-Finding the watering hole for thunder chicken will be easy.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to the farm today, and fixed the wash-out in the pond dam. If we don't get a gully washer, the Bermuda might just take over. Graded it to allow the spillway to run across existing bermuda.
It won't hold more than 6' of water if it doesn't wash out. This pond is the only one in a couple of square miles, so it being dry may be why the deer rarely came.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Ponds are getting so low that I'm seeing some use to be underwater structure that I've never knew existed. Ground around here is hard as a rock. If we get a gully washer type rain, it'll run right off the hard pack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts