Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Probably 3-4 months. I use Field Pro feeders which sound similar to yours. I upped my feeders to 8 seconds back in October when the deer were hitting them hard, but as I started seeing corn being left on the ground, I backed them down to 5 or 6. I don’t mind feeding deer, but I be damned if I’m feeding the c o o n s.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here are the Moultrie timings/amounts. Spin feeder rates: 4 secs = 1 lb, 5 secs = 1.2 lbs, 6 secs = 1.5 lbs. So, if you're doing 8 seconds total, it should be approximately 2 lbs/day so about 150 days or .....3-4 months like retrieverman stated. Now, if you do have raccoons, that goes out the window unless your spin plate is not accessible.

·
Administrator
14,527 Posts
Cages are essential to retain corn.
My feeders have three speeds so I run 8 seconds in the morning on medium to give them some extra but only 6 seconds at night, again at medium speed.
The high speed throws it so far that a percentage of it goes into the trees for the raccoons and squirrels.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
345 Posts
I let my feeders spin for 3 seconds. My thinking is I just want to lure them in not feed these prairie roaches. If there is too much on the ground there is no urgency for them to get to the feeder when it goes off. At 3 seconds there is just enough there to bring them in. Better not be between the deer and the feeder when they here thats spinner. That's a good way to get hurt. Almost to the point where I can rattle a bucket of corn and have come on in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts