Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another congressional libtard nut job wanting to regulate it all if not ban it all. From federal permits for purchase of guns and ammo to banning entire groups of weapons and components. No personal builds, 1 a month purchase, 50% ammo tax, 35% firearms tax and the list goes on and on. IMHO I don’t see it going anywhere but once again this just goes to show how bad they want the average citizen defenseless.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text?r=1&s=1

https://youtu.be/s_AfWN-Iavo

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
This is a bill from the same guy that said if we sent more marines to Guam, it could cause the island to tip over. Remember that?

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a bill from the same guy that said if we sent more marines to Guam, it could cause the island to tip over. Remember that?
He’s such a clown. I laughed my rear off over the Guam stuff. I was stationed there for 2 years, met my wife, got married and had my 1st kid. Drank so much that I can’t remember half my time lol. Can’t believe he keeps getting re elected. During the impeachment trial he kept cutting republicans off as they asked questions repeatedly said “That’s not Germaine to the line of questioning”. At first I thought it was like his made up happy special word.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I especially like how they have been trying to sneak things into the Corona Virus assistance bills.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
That’s why both our senators voted no. All the pork projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
I especially like how they have been trying to sneak things into the Corona Virus assistance bills.
Exactly. Trying to sneak in the new green deal, reduce airline emissions, credits for solar installation, and so on, but the one that scares me the most is the changes to the voting laws they want to change.
They want the ability to register to vote on election day and other changes to make it easier for illegals and libs to vote.

·
Super Moderator
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They aren’t interested in helping Americans. They want to push the left agenda through Govt. programs. Pisses me off they tried to add millions in abortion funding, increased welfare programs and like mentioned before green deal, airline regulations, solar crap and other needless incentives and such. That’s got nothing to do with helping the people right now. I’m just glad I have job security in my favor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
50% tax? They're crazy! So soon people won't be able to afford anything, because it's a real disaster, guys. I'm well aware that taxes are very important for every country to keep the economy stable, but you can't just brazenly steal from people like that. I'm terribly frustrated. Is that still relevant now? Or have they completely lost their minds by raising the tax a few more times? I own a small gun store myself, but the tax is not that high in my state, so this business makes me a pretty good income. And taxes are easy for me to deal with, thanks to https://taxfyle.com/income-tax-return-calculator

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
50% tax? They're crazy! So soon people won't be able to afford anything, because it's a real disaster, guys. I'm well aware that taxes are very important for every country to keep the economy stable, but you can't just brazenly steal from people like that. I'm terribly frustrated. Is that still relevant now?
No, it never made it out of committee.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Well, with the NRA filing for bankruptcy and in disarray, the Dems in almost total control of DC, I foresee a lot of gun related regulations coming down the pike. I believe that there is going to be a lot of states vs fed power struggles over this as well.

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
Well, with the NRA filing for bankruptcy and in disarray, the Dems in almost total control of DC, I foresee a lot of gun related regulations coming down the pike. I believe that there is going to be a lot of states vs fed power struggles over this as well.
The saga of the NRA is a long one in this current struggle to stay alive. Liberals saw a way to render them ineffective in the last Presidential election.
The NRA has been the big gorilla in the room during election cycles sending out snail mail and electronic notifications of which politician is in favor of our 2A rights and who is against them.

NY saw that if they tied up their assets in a massive lawsuit, they couldn't afford to do their typical get out to vote program and it worked perfectly.

The NRA had no choice but to move out of NY. They filed a chapter 11 bankruptcy to protect remaining assets so they could move to Tx where they will be welcome. That's my take on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts