Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
The lady that lived there, baked cakes, etc in that stove. Burners on the left, hi heat, middle burners, med heat, right plate warming area, and the right plate hid a water container to add water for hot water later. Open the right door, and there was a spigot for filling a container.
Truly going back in time.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My dad wants to buy one for when those dang pesky Russians hack the grid.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
My dad wants to buy one for when those dang pesky Russians hack the grid.
The 90 year old lady that lived there baked cakes, did everything on that stove.
Lacy Swopes, the weather chick on one of those OKC tv stations was there with her husband that took a bull two weeks before us. She has privately commented that stove was one of the pinnacles of the hunt. As a milleneal, I'm sure she has never seen one of those. Very Cool.
Very few folks realize that people from that age woke up every morning in June thinking how they are going to keep heat in the house in the winter.
How they were going to prepare and store food, how they were going to prepare the field's for next year.

In this case, the log home is built on the side of a hill. The back room is a root cellar with chain falls to raise meat for curing and processing.
There are two Cisterns in the mountain behind it for drinking water, bathing, as well as a pond as we call it.

The cisterns are high enough to provide water pressure and the Pond provided water to the "vega" which is a cow pasture. Its about 40 acres with a hand dug irrigation canal around it. When the vega needs water in certain areas, one only needs a shovel to open the canal, and irrigate that zone.
Ive been there for 7 years and learned that on this trip. Finally spotted the canal. Amazing time trip.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
I've wondered if she was as hot in person or if it was just the makeup.

Dennis did you get an autograph?
No. She was at the ranch the week before we got there.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Four possums off the trap line today.

Can't imagine why I didn't catch a ****.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Big time.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Looks like you got the whole **** reunion going on. I had 6 at one point this season on camera but that was some youngsters.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
5 more possums today.
Never had a clue I had so many.

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Nice wheelgun

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
S&W Masterpiece. Factory target gun. 2lb trigger in single action. I own a lot of guns with custom triggers, but none are better than this pistol out of the factory.
Stole it at an auction. Folks didn't know what it was.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Man, I'm wasting the possums this year.
2 more on one place and one on another.

Pic with another with a skunk in the trap in the background. I'm not going anywhere near that trap for awhile. Sprayed when I shot him.
Other farm only produced one possum.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Getting quite a pile.
Pic is one short. Something dragged it off or something.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Four possums off the trap line today.

Can't imagine why I didn't catch a ****.
I think the trash pandas are starting to rut. Caught a big boar the other day that had already had sign of rubbing out. They will go off feed just like deer when its bandit boom boom time.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
Could be. I tripped all my traps before the ice storm that never happened occurred. When I get over there next week to reset them, I'll have a week of game cam pics to see if they are still coming around.

·
Administrator
14,674 Posts
2 more possums from the same location.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.