Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone keep a hunting journal? I had one that North American Huntng Club sent me years ago. Filled it up last season or one before. Was just thinking how cool it would have been to have had one from my first hunt on. I think Im going to get my boy one for Christmas. Cabelas has a real nice rustic leather one for about $50. Has places for pics to. Its funny going back and reading the one I have. Just wish I would have had one from day one. This weekend we wrote everything down in a small notebook. I told him he could put it all in a Hunting Journal in his own words when he gets one.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I was given one a couple of years ago, and just never kept up with it for whatever reason. If photobucket ever folds, I'm toast for pics.
I still think its a great idea. If he kept up with it, there would sure be some good memories.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I normally keep one every season for waterfowl.
See how many days were hunted ,birds harvested by species & sex plus how much ammo was burnt through.
A little about the different weather patterns as well.

Have kept one when ,I was in Alaska with all that was hunted by myself & by clients.

Cool thing to have to go back on & recollect.

Smokewagon that will be a great gift for your son.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I was given a photo album that has a wood cover with a place for a pic in the front cover and multiple pages for pics. Has my name engraved on a brass plate on the front. I haven't added pics to it a some time. Might be a good idea to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts