Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience hunting lake Burtschi. I’m looking for a decent hunting area to take my boys squirrel/rabbit hunting this fall, any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
First of all, Welcome to OK hunter!

I have to admit I had never heard of this lake, so don't have any idea about hunting opportunities.

I did find this though.

Burtschi PFA
Grady County
Hunting Contact: Game Warden
— Michael Zimmerman (405)
590-5696.
CLOSED SEASONS
Holiday Antlerless Deer Gun
HUNTING RESTRICTIONS
Open only from Sept. 1 through the
end of spring turkey season each
year. CLOSED to antlerless deer gun
harvest, deer hunting is restricted
to shotgun or archery only, and
all other hunting is restricted to
shotgun with pellets or archery

You can find regulations for ODW properties at this link:

https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/sites/default/files/center1617.pdf

Keep us informed about your hunting experiences. We are going to start our annual fishing/hunting contest shortly. Bragging rights only with an opportunity to show off your catch, or kill.

·
Super Moderator
13,434 Posts
Welcome as well to OKH. I hunted Grady county WMA for years and had no clue about this place either. Sorry I’m of no use on this.

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
Thank you guys. I actually went out there yesterday to check it out. Spooked two doe, and saw a few squirrels. Good to know there could be some turkey running around out there as well.
Good deal. What else do you hunt?

·
Super Moderator
13,434 Posts
Well good luck and happy hunting to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little man was able to get him one yesterday before the rain came through. Actually haven’t been in Oklahoma long, this is my first year hunting here. Lived in Arkansas and Massachusetts before now. I enjoy deer hunting, but really enjoy hunting waterfowl. With my boys getting to age. We will probably spend some more time small game hunting this year to start them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Little man was able to get him one yesterday before the rain came through. Actually haven’t been in Oklahoma long, this is my first year hunting here. Lived in Arkansas and Massachusetts before now. I enjoy deer hunting, but really enjoy hunting waterfowl. With my boys getting to age. We will probably spend some more time small game hunting this year to start them out.
Can't see the pick, but I'm guessing he got a squirrel. Give him a high 5 for me!

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
I don’t really know too much about hunting at this lake, but I was there to fish, so I can give you some advices about that thing.
Did you have any luck?
I see your from California. What brought you to that lake?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hunt this lake not allot of game but you can get some off the land. I dove hunt it deer squirrel and hardley see rabbits due to coyote population. The dove are all native very rarely do I see migrating birds. All that being said it a fun little piece of land. I recommend using a ml mineral based lick as grains are not allowed. Stickers are really bad this year I have noticed and have not seen any squirrel yet

·
Administrator
16,037 Posts
I hunt this lake not allot of game but you can get some off the land. I dove hunt it deer squirrel and hardley see rabbits due to coyote population. The dove are all native very rarely do I see migrating birds. All that being said it a fun little piece of land. I recommend using a ml mineral based lick as grains are not allowed. Stickers are really bad this year I have noticed and have not seen any squirrel yet
Welcome to Oklahoma Hunter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts