Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,720 Posts
There I was, sitting on the deck, reading American Rifleman, when I hear the annoying chatter up in the tree. I grab the gamo and see the tree rat with a nut in its mouth. A pellet to the eye sent him to the ground. He still had the nut in his mouth when he hit. ;) First points for me. I know. I’ve been slacking.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Collar

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Yes they are. This is the rig I used a couple of years back on those beaver that invaded my dock.

· Registered
2,720 Posts
A huge doe came in about 1820. She was facing me with her head down. I put a 50 cal in the top of neck down between the shoulders. Dropped like a rock. About 35 mins later about 10 more does and a spike came in. They started freaking out when they saw her on the ground. Spike finally got brave and came in close. I snort wheezed at him and he turned inside out trying to get out of there. It was hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Tagged out boys. 0730 this morning got doe #2 with the Delta Elite 10mm. She jumped up from behind sage and tried to run me over. She was 3 steps from me. I double tapped in self defense. First shot got front legs and second was in boiler room. Be coming back with wife and son as a guide.

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Been hunting behind the house with crossbow past 2 evenings. Nothing but squirrels last night. Today around 1700 I spotted 4 deer. 2 does and not sure on other 2. 2 came in to feeder. Well 1 did. The other never got to feeder. She stood there stamping her foot at something. So I figured I better take my shot soon as I got a broadside. After about 10 minutes she gave me the shot. Sent my Redhead gator tipped bolt through her like butter. She ran out of sight bleeding good. I heard her crash, but I bet she went 100 yards or more. But the blood trail was easy to follow. Now the hard part. She was on wrong side of the deep creek. Called son and had him bring Ranger down. Pulled winch cable across and pulled her across.

Look at entrance and exit. Looks like a bullet wound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.