Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Tagged out boys. 0730 this morning got doe #2 with the Delta Elite 10mm. She jumped up from behind sage and tried to run me over. She was 3 steps from me. I double tapped in self defense. First shot got front legs and second was in boiler room. Be coming back with wife and son as a guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Glad you made a recovery.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Congrats on the pistol kill! The Delta Elite is a fine firearm especially in that caliber.

· Registered
2,720 Posts
Been hunting behind the house with crossbow past 2 evenings. Nothing but squirrels last night. Today around 1700 I spotted 4 deer. 2 does and not sure on other 2. 2 came in to feeder. Well 1 did. The other never got to feeder. She stood there stamping her foot at something. So I figured I better take my shot soon as I got a broadside. After about 10 minutes she gave me the shot. Sent my Redhead gator tipped bolt through her like butter. She ran out of sight bleeding good. I heard her crash, but I bet she went 100 yards or more. But the blood trail was easy to follow. Now the hard part. She was on wrong side of the deep creek. Called son and had him bring Ranger down. Pulled winch cable across and pulled her across.

Look at entrance and exit. Looks like a bullet wound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Been hunting behind the house with crossbow past 2 evenings. Nothing but squirrels last night. Today around 1700 I spotted 4 deer. 2 does and not sure on other 2. 2 came in to feeder. Well 1 did. The other never got to feeder. She stood there stamping her foot at something. So I figured I better take my shot soon as I got a broadside. After about 10 minutes she gave me the shot. Sent my Redhead gator tipped bolt through her like butter. She ran out of sight bleeding good. I heard her crash, but I bet she went 100 yards or more. But the blood trail was easy to follow. Now the hard part. She was on wrong side of the deep creek. Called son and had him bring Ranger down. Pulled winch cable across and pulled her across.
Look at entrance and exit. Looks like a bullet wound.
That's awesome! Perfect shot.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Opened up trapping season on my front porch last night. Wife stores her sunflower seeds in a 55 gallon plastic trash can with a lid there. ***** found it this year and were raiding it pretty heavy. I put a 10 lb rock on the lid so when I hear the rock hit the porch, I know ***** are there. Every time I’d try to ambush them with a hand held light and pistol they would run by the house so I couldn’t shoot, so it’s trapping time.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
They aren’t worth anything
That was going to be my next question. If they were worth anything, I’ve got access to a big chest freezer to store them in.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Last day of gun season. Went out with not many expectations of seeing much as the last three days have been dry. No does whatsoever.
About 4:00 6 does were walking across my wheat field toward the neighbors. When they got downwind of me they locked up. So I figured my holdover with the rangefinder and took the shot. Had the scope cranked to 24 power and lost the sight picture after the shot, so grabbed the binocs and counted 5 instead of the original 6. Looking around, saw a patch of white and a leg kick one time. The other does just stood around looking at the one down and finally wandered off.
Taking a pic through the rangefinder confirmed 428 yards. 100 grain SPBT from the .243 WSSM in the AR platform.

Looking from the deer back to the blind

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
That’s just a chip shot for you. Congrats.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
One more front porch critter.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Got another possum yesterday and a **** this morning.

Reactions: kwaynem

· Super Moderator
13,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Like that wheel gun. Looks like and old .38 S&W.

· Administrator
16,304 Posts
Like that wheel gun. Looks like and old .38 S&W.
Actually its a K-22 Masterpiece. Has about a 1lb trigger in single action, and 3 lb in double action. Finest trigger I've ever pulled.
Built in the 50's as a target pistol by S&W. I used to work on the cattle ranch of the original owner (Elman Fuch for Murfsranch).
Elman carried it around in the ranch truck, sometimes on the dash, or the seat, or the floor, and it reflects the history. Its killed many varmints in its day out the window of the ranch truck.
When he got sick, I just happened to be at the right place at the right time, and he offered it to me at a great price. Every time I get it out, I think of him. He passed two years ago I think it was in Tx after a lengthy illness. His wife was a niece of President Lyndon Baines Johnson that used to come to the ranch on occasion to hunt prairie chickens.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.