Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so bored it isn't funny!!!!! I have only 2 days off and when I do get them I am too tired to do anything because of work. I want to go fishin but can't go because I can't afford to right now. So I sit here at home doing nothing. So hopfully when I get caught up on bills maybe I can go.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Mowing, weedeating and fixing broken stuff around here are eating me alive. Plus I've got a lot of trees that have that danged fungus crap that need cut down along with all the trees that finally died as a result of the tornadoe a couple of years back. Can't get caught up.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Living in the country, I have no expectations of ever getting caught up. Just do what I can do, and move along.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Yeah, come to think of it, I've never been caught up. Just learned how to put off till tomorrow what I could be doing today in favor of something I'd like to do both today and tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
When I do get time off and go home it's nothing but honey to do stuff.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I want to go fishin but can't go because I can't afford to right now. So I sit here at home doing nothing.

Trust me, I was in your position while in the Army. I dug worms, caught locusts, rolled rocks for crawdads, whatever it took to get bait.
there were times that the drum I could easily catch was what my family survived on until payday came around.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BOY, IT SURE GOT QUIET IN HERE ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!! YOU ALL BE MUST TOO BUSY BEING BORED YOURSELF!!!!!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Just talking with the Mrs about how I hate summers with no temp variation. Straight 'hunnerts for a couple of months suck. What happened to the days where it was hot during the day and towards the end of the day you could go out and fish or golf or sit outside and drink a beer and not melt? Had a beer out in the sun today and burnt my hand and lips on it! Yeah my lips, just cause my hand was smokin' doesn't mean you let beer waste!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I've been out a couple of evenings just before dark. The sand bass fishing on Kaw really picks up in the mid summer.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
I need to make a trip down to Kaw. Had some stuff come up that kept me from going last time.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I'll have some time off this fri-sun, and next week from fri-tues. I'll be fishing. Your welcome to go.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
The fishing has slowed down.
Yet on the lake the sand bass are running every morning during the week.
Figures the good fishing is always when I'm at work. :mad:

Went to the refuge with the wife lake hoping over this last weekend.
Man the lakes are down at least 15-20 feet and the vegetation is darn near gone.
Fished two lakes Rush & Jed Johnson.Fished a good 6 hours combined and got 1 bass.
It was fun to get out of the house but the fishing sucked big time.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
All of the ponds around here are drying up. The one at the end of my driveway has dead carp floating. Thats all thats in there. When it floods in the spring, the carp swim up stream from the river into the pond.
The pond on one of the farms that I repaired last fall was full this spring, so it got stocked with some bluegill. I'll be over there in the next two weeks. Its shallow anyway, but I hope the fish made it.

Kaw is actually 1 1/2' high right now. They really pinch the dam off during the summer, to kill the shore vegetation prior to seeding it with millet in August for the ducks. Its seeded by airplanes.
Prior to seeding, they really run the water out of the lake, so it creates a current around the two bridges in the upper lake. The fishing is really good under the bridges then.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Dennis I'm free this weekend maybe we can get together. I'm off at 3:30 on Friday. Ur only a 45 min drive away.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Pm Inbound.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Never got ur PM

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
New one inbound. Sorry, but I fell asleep at the wheel of my computer ::)

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Lol it's all good a mid day nap is always good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts