Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these turkeys today at Lawtonka while get my camo net. If these pictures don't get your fever up man you must be feeling sick.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Nice! Most everything is over with, and the upland birds are so scarce, we have decided to quit hunting them this season.
I was thinking about turkey season today, and wondered how the drought has affected them over the summer months.
We are usually covered up in turkey at our house this time of year, but so far, have not seen a single bird.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I took these I could only see two jakes and rest were young jennies. I say they were hatched last year. The jakes I didn't see a beard but their head were red.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
As the late great Randy Savage use to say Oooooooooo yeeeeaaaahhhh!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I'm getting really concerned about the turkey in my area. Typically, I'm showing pics of them in my yard all winter long.

There are other resident flocks in the past we have named the Keathly flock, river flock, and so on. One sees them every day around daylight or dark, but for whatever reason, they are all gone? Farmers are planting the same crops, Poor mast crop last fall, but our yard is still full of acorns as we watered out trees.

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Its them bobkitties I tell ya. Them cats a huntn fools.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I'm hoping that I'm over this cold by turkey season!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am now starting to get the itchy trigger finger syndrome for turkeys. I saw about 20 of them last Thursday and the fever is really getting to me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I haven't seen or heard any turkeys on my place yet, but I'm getting a little feverish myself. Patterned the shotguns the other day, scrubbed the slate call, and chalked my box call yesterday.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
That's one of the things I like best about turkey season, that's the things you do to get ready for it like messin with you calls, roosting flocks of birds, shooting the shot gun. It's just a fun time to be out as winter (if we had one) should be just about over.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm enjoying this weather, but I'm just afraid that March is going to through us a major curveball! Today after work, my kids and I are taking the 4-wheeler out and getting muddy!!

·
Super Moderator
10,971 Posts
Y'all have a good time. Highly dought I'll have any time at all to hunt them thunder chickens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts