Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,034 Posts
Did that International actually pull you out?? ;D Not much tread left on the tires.

Somebody didn't let the pond set long enough to dry out.

I have a small pond that washed out the dam in a big rain a couple of years ago.
I got in there this fall, with the small tractor/front loader, and disked it all up with intentions of getting it deeper, and using the dirt to patch the dam.

First load resulted in the front of the tractor going to the frame. Just dry enough to use the front loader to push me out. :mad:

Finally used the dirt around the edges to fix the dam. It has a little water in it now, and so far its holding. With all of the grass/weeds that grew up in it, it might make a duck pond....if I duck hunted.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ole Red yanked her out!!! I had to get a second person to run the dozer while I pulled, but it came right out. The dozer only weighs about 10,000. That pond had water in it til 3 weeks ago. I was just sitting at the house being bored so I figured I might as well go burn up some cheap diesel. I'm gonna get it cleaned out somewhat, just not in the middle.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Looks are deceiving on low water.
A few friend got their trucks stuck over the weekend & still have not been able to yank them out yet.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I knew that spot was wet, but I got in a bind going the other way and all I could do was grab high reverse and hope for the best. They always told me "you aint stuck til you let off"

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
True very true.

·
Super Moderator
10,983 Posts
Well atleast ya got it pulled out. You coulda been in much worse shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts