Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work sucks Im going elk hunting see you guys in two weeks. Hopefully I will fill up my freezers this year with some elk stakes.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Good luck! I hope you get the big bull. Be sure to take lots of pics ;D

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Hummm, stay at work or go elk hunting..... YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!! Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well its been 2 weeks. I spent most of it hunting the hell out of the mountains. No luck. It was 80 to 90 degrees most of the time. Elk went nocturnal and since I can't shoot them legally at night they got away. Good news is House hunting paid off though Im buying my first house and close the deal this Monday morning. Some of the logistical stuff called me off the mountain a few times but it was worth it. Bow elk is still going on but right now I have to get us moved to the house. I might make it out one more time before season closes. Bow season opens back up again after Thanks giving and runs for 3 weeks perhaps Ill get another chance at it. I tell you I had a blast on the mountain saw some really cool stuff but nothing worth righting about. If I get out again Ill be sure to let you know how that turns out.

·
Administrator
14,278 Posts
Even if you didn't score, you at least had a great time. I know its all new areas for you, but I'm sure you'll get it all figured out for next season. Thats big country to try and figure out how the animals will behave.

Congratulations on the new home ;D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Sorry to hear ya came up short of an elk.
Congrates on the new house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts