Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally after 6 months Hornady came through. I bought the Hornady Lock-n-load AP press that came with a 1000 bullet rebate.
They finally got here! .45 ACP 230 grain HP jacketed. Got a little work to do and a whole lot of shooting:D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Re: I'm freaking estatic!

I rekon so.

·
Vendor
511 Posts

Just remember who your favorite reloading store in Tulsa is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Michael

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

We might have to talk about some brass ;)
Got about 500 rounds loaded now, some with lead.
I'm now officially an ammo hoarder ;D

Did score 200 rounds of .223 45 gr HP at wallyworld this afternoon too. ;D

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

Sweet!!! I've heard that they have been a long time in filling the rebate bulltes. Let us know how you like the reloader. I'm still waiting for the SIL's Lee turrent press to come in to see if I like it or go for a progressive.

·
Administrator
13,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can tell you right now I really like the reloader. Its a little difficult to get set up like any progressive, but when it is set up, you can really put out some massive amounts of ammo. The special thing about this loader, is that once you get your dies and powder measure set up, they go into bushings, that cam in and out with a half turn.

The cams are cheap, and I've got three calibers set up now. It takes 2-3 minutes to swap calibers. It does come with one powder measure that is very accurate. The powder measure does take a little time to get the correct amount coming out. Its a universal measure, so I'm going to take my old RCBS measure and get another auto throw mechanism so I'll have two powder measures set up and ready to go. I measure every 5th round for awhile, and then every 15-20 after that. It never varies more than 1/10th of a grain. Out of the 700 or so rounds I've loaded with it so far, I've had two or three rejects. Those came from a bullet neck being crushed by the sizing die as it wasn't lined up good(by me), and the others were the bullet not getting in the case straight, and crushing the neck(again my mistake).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts