Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some new waders from Bass Pro yesterday. Redhead Extreme. I have never had my own waders, I always had to borrow some. This time, I am officially ready to kick some serious duck butt!!!!!

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
First set I bought, got caught in some rebar coming out of rip rap while tube fishing and were not repairable.
Did you get the boot style, or do you have to get some wading shoes over them?

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
My twin brother and I got some old American Camper canvas chest waders some 20 years ago for our birthday from our folks. I still have them and used them last fall for duck hunting. I got my first real duck wader as well this fall. I got some Cabelas 1200TI's. Gauge has the same pair and I used my new ones last weekend. THEY ROCK but are very hot so shorts and a T-shirt are all ya need. Oh and BOOT STRAPS for sure.

I'll still keep my old school canvas waders and use for fishing but in the cold waters of the duck season they are a shrivel factor of 10 on warmth protection

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're the boot style.

Haha! Apparently I'm a little guy with big feet. I wear a size 12, but I'm just a shade under 6 feet tall and a 34" waist. These waders almost completely swallow me, and I can't get the wading belt tight enough to keep water from rushing in if I happen to get too deep. At least the sides come completely to my armpits, and the top portion at least should fill in when I have my coat on! Hahahaha!!

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Make sure to use a wader belt. That will really help in keeping water out if you happen to take a swim. Saved my butt last year when I took a swim. I have some boot straps from Cabelas still on backorder. They will help keep the boots snug in the mud and muck. I almost took a swim closeing weekend of Teal because I didn't have them.

I feel your pain. I'm 5'11 an wear an 11. Mine are a bit big but it does allow for bulky clothes when its get really cold and room to move. My old canvas waders didn't allow for either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts