Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in Dec I bought 2 tickets in a gun raffle. My wife said she wanted a ticket as well so I got her one. Wouldn’t you know it my wife’s ticket was a winner. I was notified Christmas morning that we’d won a Diamondback AR15 in the Muddy Girl cammo pattern. Being a small town the only major gun shop was closed for nearly 3 weeks for the holidays. Finally got to go and pick it up this week. My wife loves the cammo look and I’m excited to get her out to the range once I get a red dot on it and the snow melts some.

F55434A0-ED03-4234-B0B4-634047138E5F.jpeg
A1222344-AF87-4EC8-8020-BAE1EBCBF0B2.jpeg

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Cool looking rifle! Need to get a pic of the real owner of the gun, tho.

BTW, if you need some GI 30rnd mags, I can hook you up.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do need to get some pics of her with it.

Bird what you got? It only came with 1 mag.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
Congrats to the better half getting her own rifle! Ever find some optics for it?

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats to the better half getting her own rifle! Ever find some optics for it?
I do believe I’ll end up going with the Sig red dot. I like what it has to offer and the simplicity of it. Be a good one for the wife to learn to shoot with. Will be a plinking rifle anyway. I’ve got other small cal rifles for hunting with. That link you sent me was the best deal I’ve seen anywhere. It’s nearly 1/2 the price they want around here for it. I even looked at the base when I was in Cheyenne.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I do need to get some pics of her with it.

Bird what you got? It only came with 1 mag.
I've got the metal 30rnd GI issue mags with the green follower. You can upgrade the spring & follower if you want for cheap, I've shot a ton with them and haven't had any problems.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got the metal 30rnd GI issue mags with the green follower. You can upgrade the spring & follower if you want for cheap, I've shot a ton with them and haven't had any problems.
Had a co worker give me 4 mags for free. His wife picked them up at a yard sale somebody time back and he doesn’t have a -15.

Reactions: Bird (this time)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts