Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fess up! Its bedlam football tonight. Are you a Sooner fan or are you rooting for the Cowboys?

·
Registered
5,339 Posts
Re: Its Bedlam. Coyboy or Sooner?

Just a bit late for a pre-game declaration, but GO SOONERS. Killed a bunch of cell phone min's with my mother, who went to OSU.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Re: Its Bedlam. Coyboy or Sooner?

Just watched the cowboy take a spanking from...O/U ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't call it a spanking..Was nothing like the spanking OU put on Texas Tech..Matters not we are on our way to the Big !2 championship and well Missouri will be easy enough..After that we are headed to play either Alabama or Florida in the National Championship..

·
Registered
86 Posts
yea. and OU will choke and lose.
hell i hope they lose to Missouri.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
It was...O/U scored 20 points in no time in 4th quarter.

·
Vendor
171 Posts
Geez, I'd almost think this was www.texashunter.net by some of the comments! ;D

I thought it was a great game. OSU just ran out of gas in the end. Score wasn't indicative of the overall game...close most of the way. Great to watch.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
On the OU vs Texas issue all I can say is this, when comparing which team is better at the end of the season you have to look at the season as a whole not 1 game. Is is fair for a team who played better over all the entire season be left out in the cold? Of course not.. I mean they both only lost 1 game. If you compare strength of schedule, quality of wins and home and road games OU IMHO wins hands down. If you take the angle of a single game factor and then sure Texas beat OU on neutral grounds but OU's schedule was by far stronger and more difficult both in conference and out of conference then Texas. Whether a team wins in the end should be weighted on the season not a single game. So IMHO the neutral grounds win stance is weak.

As for the OSU game yep was a great game. Some bad calls but that's going to happen since you can't call em all correct every time. Human error happens it's life. Anyways Bradford played a great game considering he played most of the game with a torn up left thumb hence the dropped snap. I have to give OSU one thing they only lost to the top 3 teams in the Big 12 and to me that's saying a whole heck of a lot for OSU. They have had an incredible season and I think they will get better and better each year. Gundy has taken a loosing team to a level I didn't think he could. So I give him and his program props for one hell of a good season.

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In reading about how the BCS came up with the score on strength of schedule, I'm not so sure that TX got ripped that bad.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
In reading about how the BCS came up with the score on strength of schedule, I'm not so sure that TX got ripped that bad.
What Texas and others are complaining about isn't even BCS, they are pissed only because they beat OU on neutral ground in the bedlam. They seem to forget that Texas had a weaker schedule and weaker wins for the season as a whole. I do agree is you compare BCS computer rankings then Texas got a fair shake. The human polls well are all about politics and nothing more. Texas's program IMHO handled themselves in the media very poorly and I commends the OU program for just sitting back and keeping their mouth shut and let the chips fall as they may.

·
Administrator
14,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your exactly right when you say the human polls are all about politics. :mad:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am not understanding the weaker schedule thing. Who did ou play that was so strong that Texas didnt play? I think that the Big 12 is the only conference that has the type of tye breaker that sends OU to Kansas City. It's funny that if OSU had beat OU, Texas Tech would have gone and played MO, because they beat Texas head to head. The BCS computers would not have come into it. Look, I don't really care about the Longhorns. Heck, I'm an Aggie, I just Hate OU and feel that Bob Stoops should be shot in the ear. :p

·
Registered
541 Posts
I pretty well pull for OSU and so I'm not taking sides in this discussion..but I think OU had a much tougher non-conference schedule than Texas..I think they played at least two top 20 teams, which I think is a good thing to do..Some teams play the very weak schedule to just build up the wins before the conference starts and it really kind of rips the fans off that pay good money for the tickets..Now...the one thing that would be a huge mistake for OU...and that is to take Missouri lightly...Missouri is still a D1 school that is ranked in the top 20...Saying (that should be easy enough) could jump up and bite the ole Sooners real hard...and another thought from ole Sasakwa...I have been to the game...set on the 40 yard line...anyone that keeps saying the game was on a neutral field has got to be kidding...Sure the tickets were split up evenly...and the game was played in DALLAS.....my God....go to the thing and see how many strutting Texans you see....to say the game was on a neutral field...I must have been in a coma....I take back everything I said in the opening...I hope OU beats the you know what out of Missouri goes on and wins the National Title and Texas goes ahead and drowns in Mack Browns Tears....God Knows he's cried enough lately...never seen a grown man bawl as much..I thought everyone from Texas was suppose to be tough and suck it up.........GO FIGURE :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
541 Posts
Talking about Bob Stoops...I do commend him on not doing all the bawling on TV like Ole Mack..I remember when he came to Oklahoma...the one thing he said and has never backed up from...He said NO EXCUSES....and to the best of my memory...he never gives an excuse when they choke...He just tries to get better...Now as far as MACK....boo...hoo...boo...hoo...weeee...weee....I'm actually getting kinda emotional myself just thinking about the awful thing that everyone in the BCS done to him....boo..hoo... :'( :'( :'( and another thing..I live 10 miles from the stadium..the plane that a bunch of Bawling Texans hired to pull the 45 to 35 sign all afternoon was in my opinion about the most childish thing I've seen even a bunch of Bawling Texans do in a long time...after seeing this for hours who in their right mind could feel sorry for Mack .??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts