Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Kaw yesterday about 4pm. didn't get 30 yards away from the boat ramp when the locator started beeping. Saw I was passing over a break line that was 12' deep, dropping off to 20' that had a cedar tree on it, covered in fish. Dropped a bouy over the side, and tried a jig first, but didn't get a bite.
Switched over to minnows, and the action started. ;D Caught around 30 or so, keeping 10 of the biggest. stayed in that one spot until it was dark. Fish fry tonight! 8)
Cheap trip. Never even had to fire up the engine, or have time for a cold adult beverage.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Dennis lost hero points for lettin' fishin' get in the way of adult beverage!

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Way to go man. My excitement this week was beating a local swat officer in a shooting contest at work the other day. I had 8/10 in the X vs his 6/10. He then busted out the Saiga 12 and put 5 rounds of buckshot into his target. Mind you we was only shooting at 15y.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went back out to Kaw yesterday, finding a sunken tree with a big root ball on it at 17 ft deep. It was pretty much covered in fish, so dropped a bouy, and sat on it for a couple of hours. The bite was a little slow with the north wind, but steady. Ended up bringing home 12, with the biggest at 1 3/4 lbs, which put me on top of the leader board in the Kaw lake crappie contest.
It won't stay there long as the big sows will be moving into the shallows, and the three pounders will start showing up later this month. I'll post a pic later when I'm not on my phone.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Way to go man keep it up.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Nice slab

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went tonight and set some jug lines. It was late, and caught one blue. I'll check them in the morning, and get some
Pics posted.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Boy that's a fat ol'e goggle eye. Those on the bottom almost look like talipia that use to be in Konowa lake.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went out and checked my jug line, and had two blue cats on it. Biggest was 21lb, 1 oz. the other was 3 lbs. the crappie are on the move. All I could catch was small males. Never could find any big ones. I suspect they are headed out to the creeks and shallower water to spawn later this month. Headed to Beaver creek in the am to fish the standing timber.
I'm on my phone now as my net connection is down again.........I'll post pics when I can.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man! That pic sucked. I should have put the hat behind the cat. The fisheye lense didn't do the fish justice.

Went out to Kaw this morning before daylight. I left my jug line baited yesterday, and want to check it. Pea soup fog with visibility of about 50' was on the lake. I had to make a 4 mile run, so used the gps function on the locator, and motored to the location. When I got there, a boat was parked in the middle of my jugs. Three big old boys dropped something into the bottom of their boat as I got in sight. They fired up and left pretty quick. Checked everything, and found no bait, and no fish. I figure they ran all of them for me. I was missing one after collecting them.
That crap really makes me mad. Go to all of that work and expense, only to have some lazy jerk pull the rug from under you. :mad:
Crappie fishing was really slow. The lake is muddy from the recent rains, only catching small males again. Back to work tomorrow. :'(

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
That stinks man you should have stopped them and questioned them.
That is a fat cat you got. Its been 10 years sence I got a good cat like that.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My little 20hp Merc had no chance in hell of catching a 200hp Yamaha. Besides, the odds weren't in my favor.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
No but some pics of the boat and haul number help.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went out this afternoon with my buddy and his 5 year old. Its just getting better. I brought home 34, and he brough home 56. The little guy put a lot of numbers on the board! ;D
My string weighed 26.1 pounds.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Right on man.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
You killed um. 8) 8) 8)
I didn't get a chance to go after them during the spawn this year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts