Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I got some great news on something that has been like a cloud over my head for two years +. April 2009 driving to work a car ran me off the road on I240 just east of Eastern Av. I mean litterally ran me off into the center median and I almost hit a guard rail getting back on the road before I took a dive 20ft down where Eastern goes under 240. Long story short, I'm wanting the kid to pull over so I can get his insurance info to pay for the damages to my then new car. We pull into an empty parking lot and he's trying to get me to follow him behind the store buildings. I'm thinking no way and park in the empty lot. Well before all is said and done he's circled my car three times and tells me he's going to pop a cap in my a$$ three times. I was shooting with the Guard pistol team that night and had my 1911 in the trunk with no ammo, so out of desperation, I tell him that I have a weapon three times. The last time he said the popping cap stuff, he makes a move like he's pulling a gun up from the seat. I duck down behind my car, open the back door, drop the seat back to the trunk and get my pistol still in the Sherpa holster and stand up and show it to him and say I HAVE A WEAPON. He took off like a flash, I get on 240 and try to make it to the base. Well he ends up following me till I get off at May Av and head to the Highway Patrol office and he speeds off. I have two dead cell phones in the car so when I get to the base, I call the OKC PD at the Security Guard shack. A police man shows up, looks at my flat tire, takes my story and tells me that probabally nothing will come of this. Well a week later I'm being charged with FELONIOUS POINTING A WEAPON charges. I found out by recieving calls from lawyers wanting to take my case. Well my cousin, a retired OKC PD and now a lawyer looks into this and tells me I need to process in at the county jail, post a $400 bond and show up for the first of 8 trips to court. This was so bogus that at one court appearance one of the assistant DA's asked me what my Mil job was and started laughing. Seems the Okla County DA thinks that if you've been to the desert war that you've got a bad case of PTSD and can't wait to get back home and start killing local babies here. Oh and my last trip to court was when the "victim" had to enter his testimony. By the time it was over the DA was yelling at his Star Witness asking "Who started the f**k you's on the highway? He did. Who started the f**k you's in the parking lot? He did" I wanted to change my story to his story as it made me look a lot better. And at each court appearance I get the plea bargin offer. Mistomeanor charges, 1 year probation, 1 year suspended sentance if I attend anger management or PTST counciling. Not no but heck no has been my answer each time. So today at the jury pickin meeting, no pickin of the jurors, and the assistant DA said that they are going to contact the "victim" to see if he wants to spend 2-3 days to persue a hopless case and even if he did the asst DA was going to recomment dropping the case. Well at 7:10pm today I got the call that it's over. Got to show up, shut up and be cleared of all charges. I'm going to bit the heck out of my tongue and walk out a happy camper. But it does make one question the last 32 years of going to some pretty crappy places and doing some pretty crappy things so these (add your own derogitory comments) lazy detectives and DA's can waste the money and time of the taxpayers and to defend this "system" of justice. I parked in front of a sign that said video survelance so I'd have a CYA just in case and I'm the madman crazy guy in the story? Yes, I'm happy it's over. But if I didn't have a cousin that's a lawyer it'd of cost me $30K to have fought this and would have probablly taken a plea bargin to save my house.

Rant over. Wheew

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Well I'm glad for you its all over and yu had family on your side to help. I never figured you for a crazed PTSD gun slinging wildman anyway. If there is one thing I have always done is made sure I had ammo for my gun. even if I go to the range I always keep atleast 1 full mag aside for the ride home.

I will say this, come Nov. after the general election. If ya get busted in Benton county WA you may be in trouble. I'm hopeing my oldest brother is elected the new judge and he harsh.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Good to hear it's over for ya & ya get on with your bad self. ;D

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Its hell, getting "into the system". In the end you realize its only about the almighty dollar. They could have settled it in one court appearance, but in the interest of getting their lawyer buddies more money, they require multiple appearances.
Anyway, I'm glad your out of it now and can get on with your life.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is officially dropped as of today. Now it'll take another $500 to have the arrest expunged from my record. Man it sure is expensive to clear your name if found innocent.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Just more money to the system :mad:
It takes 10 seconds to expunge a record from the system.
How in the hell do they justify $500 when your innocent??

Trust me. No matter how much you pay, that record will stay in NCIS no matter what you do around Ok and it may effect whether you can buy a gun, or have to be delayed.

Check with your lawyer.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Just more money to the system :mad:
It takes 10 seconds to expunge a record from the system.
How in the hell do they justify 0 when your innocent??

Trust me. No matter how much you pay, that record will stay in NCIS no matter what you do around Ok and it may effect whether you can buy a gun, or have to be delayed.

Check with your lawyer.

I hear you on that. When I did my Top secret clearance paperwork a year and a half ago the agent that interviewed me went into detail about my case in CA (see rifle miss topic post) and had court records and such. My last gun purchase I was asked about it as well. Something so miner even stays with ya for a long time.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 500 total by the time you send $150 to this record system and $150 to this other record system, county, state and a couple of fed systems. I'm going to do some pondering on this whole thing. My lawyer (my cousin who was an Army Capt and retired cop and did this all for free) sez it'd be a good idea.

·
Vendor
511 Posts
bird,

I just saw this and all I can say is that I am so greatfull you came out of it in one piece.

Take care buddy,
Michael

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
'preciate it buddy, it's a lot off our minds around here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts