Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With high winds, no rain lots of fires and twisters its that time of year. Hope everyone has been blessed so far and not been effected to much if at all. Later this week is supposed to get bad again.

Lets use this topic as a way of keeping in touch with our fellow members and posting pics and stories if and when one of us is effected by natures wrath.

Here are 2 links to live weather radar that we use here at work.

If you hit the play icon to the left of the time it will play real time laps. You can also customize the page with the options at the top. Plus you can click on a stormchaser car and watch live video from the car. I like this site best.
http://www.news9.com/category/167025/weather-storm-tracker

Click on the "x" nearest you to get radar info from that sight. You can also animate this map from the option at the top of the screen.
http://www.wunderground.com/radar/map.asp

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
I smell grass fire smoke every day, but so far my area has been spared from any large ones. I'm waiting on a nice calm day when I'm off to burn a brush pile that has become a habitat for snakes, skunks, and other critters.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have had a tun of fires close by that have burned many homes and out buildings. Have one south of here still going. Have had ash falling here at work on a couple of occasions from the fires.

I guess they got a couple just north of gauges place as well.

We really need some rain all across the state and southern US for that matter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I can tell ya it is horrible out there. I'm a full-time firefighter, and I also volunteer on days off at another FD. And the last week and a half we have had no breaks from fires. We have been very busy, fighting fires of all sizes. And it's only going to get worse with no rain. Please pray for all the firefighters that are hard at it everyday. Not a very fun time for them or their families.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
We had some bad fires about 1-3 miles to the east of the house over last week with over 3000 acres burnt.
This state needs rain bad.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Checked my wheat last night. It's badly wilted from lack of water and trying to head out.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just added 2 links to live weather radar sites to my original post.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Okay if it ain't going to rain, at least stop the freekin' hurricane force winds all day and all night long :mad:

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weather folks calling for 30-50% chance of rain and nasty storms late tonight through Monday. Lets hope for rain and pray for no bad storms.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
Lord knows we need it.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Okay, I washed all three vehicles, left them out in the driveway with the windows open and planned a picinic. If that don't make it rain I don't know what will!!!

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
We got rain!!!

The band of storms that went through yesterday and last night gave us about 3/4".

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My NOA Radio just went off with a tornado warning for Patawatame county. Hope it don't produce any.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Hey, washing the car worked. It rained here yesterday and misting today. Plus, just got back from my concealed carry class and getting ready to smoke a turkey (store bought) for dinner tomorrow. Not a bad day.

·
Super Moderator
10,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Getting lots of rain here today. Lots of lightning anf thunder boomes. Hard to hide eggs for the kids when the yard is flooded. We need this rain but not in such heavy amounts.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I knew we'd end the drought in a matter of hours, but we did get some good soaking rain as well. Pond is filling up nicely.

·
Administrator
14,025 Posts
You guys got more than we did, but I'll take any thing we can get.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just checked my gage and we've had 1.2 inches here in Morrison. It started around 3 this morning..none of it has reached my pond yet but at least it's a start. I think this is the first 1 inch plus rain we've had this year..

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Wow we have had the rain today. It'll monsoon rain for 45 mins, stop for 30min and start all over again. Our pond was 6-7ft low and is now full and ready to go over the spillway.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts