Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few come in this morning, but I'm satisfied. 4 gadwalls!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Good shooting! Congrats on a good hunt! :D

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Nice shootin, ought to be some good eatin'

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Good deal. I'm finishing up a bathroom remodel this weekend. How fun is that!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
I feel your pain. We just finished up with a bath, and kitchen remodel. Still have to bust out the old tile, and get it ready for the new.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
I feel your pain. We just finished up with a bath, and kitchen remodel. Still have to bust out the old tile, and get it ready for the new.
Already did the kitchen, kids bathroom and now finishing the guest bath. Next is the master. I hate taking off wallpaper, prepping bare sheetrock, texturing and painting all the while taping off the room and cleaning up the messes along the way. Oh did I mention my wife paints like a 2 year old, more paint where is shouldn't be then where is should.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Cool @ least someone is getting ducks.
We went after geese & due to the weather they stuck to the ground & would only get up if something started them. 1 / 9 / 11
So we made a last ditch effort at maybe someone getting one.
Well it turned out to be a good one but no one shot but me & they were on the outside range by then.70 yards +
I still can't figure out why the others didn't shot when they were fighting the wind head on and were only 30 yards high :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ::) !
The group of geese were around 100 give or take a few.
We seen about 600 that morning but this group stuck around on the other side of the fence all morning long.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried for a couple of geese that same day too. Had about 20 land on a different pond. So I walked the LONG way around to come up behind the dam and flush them, but something startled them off long before I got anywhere near them. I couldn't see the pond from where I was, so I know they didn't see me. But I heard them start honking, and then they went up. I could hear them, and hoped they would fly over, but couldn't see them. I don't know what it was, but it made me mad. That was a long, hard hike.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
That always seems to be the case.
All that work & never get a shot.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
That always seems to be the case.
All that work & never get a shot.
I guess Mr. Fills all his tags is having an off year. Welcome to our world LOL.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha!! Doesn't everyone deserve an off-year?

Of course my dad has always been a deer hunter almost exclusively, with the occasional squirrel and rabbit (never duck until I got him started a couple of years ago), but he's had a 13-year dry spell with deer. I hope I never experience something like that!!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
okherb just move to CA and it will happen.
More people then deer about a 100:1 ratio. :eek: ::) ???

When I left CA a few years before that the number of tags sold just for one deer zone was like 50,000+ flipping crazy.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
okherb just move to CA and it will happen.
More people then deer about a 100:1 ratio. :eek: ::) ???

When I left CA a few years before that the number of tags sold just for one deer zone was like 50,000+ flipping crazy.
That 50k plus was for the A-zone and thay still have that tag amount. Anymore any zone aside from the A-zone is a lottery draw for a tag. I remember reading a DFG survey when I still lived there of buck and doe ratios in each zone (guess is more like it) D-7 the main zone I hunted was nearly 100 doe to a buck. I can almost believe it for that zone. We usually saw 30-40+ doe for every buck including non legal bucks. But they do have monster blacktail and mulies in CA. D-7 is no excepton. I saw a couple beast bucks but never got a shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts