Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing with my trail cam, getting it ready for the fall season, and found a couple of pics I don't think I've shared.

this first one, I have his shed in the back of my truck. Found it about three weeks ago or so when disking my wheatfield.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Nice looking deer.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
surprisingly enough, those lights are a mile away. Not my house, but those of the neighbors. I live about 23 miles away from this area Those trail camera's take pictures that are nothing like what a real camera can do given the save circumstances

·
Registered
451 Posts
HHMMM ??? Where did you say that land is located at again? ;D I could swing by and check on it for you every now and again! ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have an issue with anybody checking out that place ;)
You go about 10 minutes past I-35 to the old dead oak tree( there should be an old white horse standing there). Go about 3/4 miles south to where the road turns to the west. Go thru the gate and you are there!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
OHHHH That place! I should have known! ??? :-[ That is the buck that I turned loose out there last year, after I dipped him in Tinks 69 ;D ;D Just go out there and yell for Ruffus, he should come runnin if he hears you ;D ;D ::)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Those are some of the clearest trail cam pics I've seen. What'cha useing there?

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OHHHH That place! I should have known! ??? :-[
Just follow that pipeline we were talking about, and you'll be about 500 yds from that spot. ;)

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are some of the clearest trail cam pics I've seen. What'cha useing there?
That is the 2 megapixel digital stealthcam that was purchased about 4 years ago. I'm betting its taken 2000 pictures. Some deer, turkey, blue birds, *****, bobcats, etc.. It has a veiwing screen built in, but its so small, my old tired eyes can't see it too well. I have a couple of extra memory cards that are substituted when they get checked.
I chumped out last season and bought one of the $500 cuddy backs, and have never been so dissapointed in a trail camera. Its the infrared model, and 90% of the night shots have to be deleted because they are just unusable. All fuzzy and so on. I'd guess if you want to use a digital camera on public ground the infra red may be the way to go but, I'd have to look at another brand and see how they compare in picture quaility. I've got three digital trail cameras and have friends with others, and so far the stealth cam takes the best pictures. They may not be the quickest to flash after seeing motion, but there are ways to aim the camera where that is not an issue.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a typo, that is the 3 megapixel camera. Sorry :-[

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Dennis, yeah go figgure a cheaper rig working better than the high priced one. That always chaps me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts