Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on FB and still trying to wrap my head around this custom gun job.

The back story is the owner of this handy dandy hunting rifle is right handed but left eye dominate. Something many of us can relate to, me included. After trying and failing many times to shoot left handed the owner gave up and had this stock made.

You’re not seeing things. This is a right shoulder mounted gun but left eye sighting and shooting.

C8D3926D-1B67-4358-BA1E-AF77A413330B.jpeg

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I’m left eye dominate. I shoot pistols with my left eye. But that’s all. I shoot bow, rifle, shotgun, crossbow with my right eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m left eye dominate. I shoot pistols with my left eye. But that’s all. I shoot bow, rifle, shotgun, crossbow with my right eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m left eye dominate but shoot everything right side. I have shot a few critter from the left only cause I couldn’t turn to shoot right.

·
Administrator
13,579 Posts
That a pretty cool way to get around his dominant eye issue.
I’m right eye dominate for everything.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Many years ago I was a member of a shooting club in South Texas. We had an older member who lost sight in his right eye and another member who was a real professional stock maker. He made an offset stock for every one of his long guns. They looked exactly like this one. I actually shot a round of skeet with one and it was really strange. Think I shot a 7.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We had a prominent physician in Enid for years with the same issue and the same solution. I happened to be in Champlin Firearms one day when they had one of his shotguns in the shop and couldn't believe it. First I'd ever seen of that. I don't know who made the stock. I don't believe Champlin actually made the stock. I think they farmed it out.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
My son is right handed but left eye dominate. he shoots his rifle and bow left handed. I know the old muzzleloader maker used to offset stocks so they came up to your eye naturally but not that severe.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
One thing about it, if someone brings in one of his guns to a pawn shop, they'll know it's stolen. I'm left eye dominate and left handed, shoot everything LH except archery.

Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crazy to hear this kind of solution is actually a common thing. I never would have guessed.

Reactions: dennishoddy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts