Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
We can’t get to any of our lease because of all the snow.
I saw that on the news tonight that there was still snow pack in the NW part of the state. Still showing up on satellite images.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Yep. Ruined our last weekend of gun season. Could barely make it to camp. But waste of time. Couldn’t get anywhere snow was so deep. Now it’s melting and its so muddy still can’t get anywhere. Worse deer season ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Buddy and I went coyote hunting today. Last time we went, he got first shot so this trip it was my turn.
10 minutes into the first sit, a coyote pranced out into the wheat field at 100 yds. Got zero’d on him and let it keep advancing to 75 yds until pulling the trigger on the AR in .223.

We made 4 more sits and came up with nothing.
Really need colder weather and a little snow wouldn’t hurt.
Buddy and I went coyote hunting today. Last time we went, he got first shot so this trip it was my turn.
10 minutes into the first sit, a coyote pranced out into the wheat field at 100 yds. Got zero’d on him and let it keep advancing to 75 yds until pulling the trigger on the AR in .223.

We made 4 more sits and came up with nothing.
Really need colder weather and a little snow wouldn’t hurt.
You wouldn’t get so hot if you would ditch that down jacket and get back to some more traditional hunting garb. Make a loin cloth out of that songdog! That coyote looks pretty healthy. Kinda square and stout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
You wouldn’t get so hot if you would ditch that down jacket and get back to some more traditional hunting garb. Make a loin cloth out of that songdog! That coyote looks pretty healthy. Kinda square and stout.

It was cold!
That was one of the best looking pelts of any coyote that I've ever shot. We looked up the fur buyer in Honeywell KS prices that are on line. $5-$15 is all they get now. Wouldn't pay for the gas to take it there.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It was cold!
That was one of the best looking pelts of any coyote that I've ever shot. We looked up the fur buyer in Honeywell KS prices that are on line. $5-$15 is all they get now. Wouldn't pay for the gas to take it there.
It does look prime. I’ve seen several in my area this year with the mange. More than I usually do.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
To bad none of them are worth anything. Do they not wear fur in Europe anymore either or have they all turned tree hugger like here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
***** at the fur buyer were only drawing .50 for a big one.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Reactions: Kelulu

·
Registered
412 Posts
26.8 miles in two states...
5 different dogs on point....
13 coveys of quail and some flushing pheasant....
memories too numerous to count...

I killed a Kansas pheasant and 5 wild bobwhite quail this weekend. Add them to my tally please.

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
26.8 miles in two states...
5 different dogs on point....
13 coveys of quail and some flushing pheasant....
memories too numerous to count...

I killed a Kansas pheasant and 5 wild bobwhite quail this weekend. Add them to my tally please.

Congrats on the hunt! Were you hunting the WIHA areas? We went up to Wakeeney Ks once to hunt those. Lots of pheasant but they had been hunted a lot before we got there.
Stopped to help an elderly gentleman with a load of hay on his truck and a flat tire. He tried to pay us but we wouldn't take any money.
He did give us directions to his ranch though and said to hunt it all we wanted. We limited out the next day. Good times.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats on the hunt! Were you hunting the WIHA areas? We went up to Wakeeney Ks once to hunt those. Lots of pheasant but they had been hunted a lot before we got there.
Stopped to help an elderly gentleman with a load of hay on his truck and a flat tire. He tried to pay us but we wouldn't take any money.
He did give us directions to his ranch though and said to hunt it all we wanted. We limited out the next day. Good times.
Yes, all WIHA stuff in KS. We found birds but not a lot. Private land in Oklahoma.

There are good people everywhere. I try to be one of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good day everyone! Got out yesterday during the antlerless holiday gun season and was able to take a doe last night. I didn't take any hero pics but do have the e-check confirmation if needed. It's odd but I don't like doing a selfie with a deer or elk but okay if it's a varmint - hog, coyote, raccoon. Not sure why exactly as each animal's life should be valued like any other. Prettier? Not intrusive/destructive?

·
Administrator
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Good day everyone! Got out yesterday during the antlerless holiday gun season and was able to take a doe last night. I didn't take any hero pics but do have the e-check confirmation if needed. It's odd but I don't like doing a selfie with a deer or elk but okay if it's a varmint - hog, coyote, raccoon. Not sure why exactly as each animal's life should be valued like any other. Prettier? Not intrusive/destructive?
Congrats on the doe!
Post up the confirmation with personal details hidden and I’ll get points up.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts