Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think the pigs will ever be gone or “under control”?
You can kill them down to where they rarely pop up...but they'll never be gone completely. I killed 51 on my place alone last year, and have only taken damage twice in 2021, both times in February. Ive enjoyed seven months of no hog activity...but I know that soon enough I'll have them back over here.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I guess when they think the pressure is gone they will return. I had a bunch come around our place out of nowhere last year around September it wasn’t until maybe March this year that I quit seeing them. Don’t know if The neighbors and I killed them all or if they just left. I went to work one morning and when I came back my entire place looked like it had been tilled I talking right up to the house clear down to the pond and all the way down the road. In 10 hours I don’t think you could have turned that much dirt on a tractor. I couldn’t believe how much destruction they caused in such a short amount of time it was unreal. I can’t mow now without spurs on my heels so I can keep the mower beneath me.

·
Super Moderator
11,253 Posts
Another great substandard production video. Keep up the important work you’re doing.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess when they think the pressure is gone they will return. I had a bunch come around our place out of nowhere last year around September it wasn’t until maybe March this year that I quit seeing them. Don’t know if The neighbors and I killed them all or if they just left. I went to work one morning and when I came back my entire place looked like it had been tilled I talking right up to the house clear down to the pond and all the way down the road. In 10 hours I don’t think you could have turned that much dirt on a tractor. I couldn’t believe how much destruction they caused in such a short amount of time it was unreal. I can’t mow now without spurs on my heels so I can keep the mower beneath me.
Guess what I had on game camera last night in two different places...

Two different boars. One probably 175 or so, the other around 200.

Damn. Now I have to lose sleep around here again.

·
Administrator
14,234 Posts
Lol! That boar is a biggun!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Diggler, I think my buddy may need your services!! Feeder is 38" off the ground. Biggest "set" that I think I have ever seen on a hog. View attachment 6912
I'll have to get on my laptop later and find the photos, but I've killed one on this place that was the same size as a 7 point (same location, different times).

And then there was this guy...my rifle is 37-7/8" for scale...he taped at 58" across the chest the next morning (had to get a tractor to roll him). 58" equals 380lbs.

Machine gun Air gun Shotgun Gun barrel Grass

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do they get that system for measuring I’ve heard you mention it a few times and have meant to ask.
A couple of ways to do it...one uses a heart girth divided by length scale, the other way is just a heart girth measurement formula...both are university tested.

I just do the simple heart girth method as getting within 5-10% for an estimation is purely for entertainment. I'm not depending on carcass weight as a source of income.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts