Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Wednesday, we will get the results of our controlled hunt applications.

Results will be available July 7, 2010 at 8 a.m. ;D

Here is an early good luck to all that applied.
I have a quality pass to go back to Big Mac, so in one way I'm already sucessfull, but drawing the Elk hunt would be the ultimate icing on the cake,
but, I don't get my hopes up very much anymore after applying for so long
:'( :'(

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Well good luck to y'all. I failed to even put in for anything.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Dang, I'll be in Wisconson till the 18th, oh yeah they got's 'puters up there too.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well, I just noticed they moved the date to Thursday the 8th at noon...Guess I got to wait a day longer before the celebrating begins...I just got that feeling that I'll be one of the lucky ones out of the over ten thousand applicants this year..

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that move in time ???
Looked at it a few minutes ago, and its back on for 8am Wed ??? ???

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
23 minutes to go.......

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what I drew:

Thank you for applying for the Controlled Hunts. Unfortunately, you have not been selected for a permit this year. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please return to the 'Search Page' and reenter your information.

NOTE: Information used on the 'Search Page' must match the data on the Controlled Hunts Application. (405)524-6169.

See you next year!

Sincerely,
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just got thru reading the same message Dennis...It must be a mistake...I just knew that Obama would at least get me an elk permit this year..He blames everything on Bush and so I figure I'll blame Obama for not getting drawed.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put in for some of the high success rate draws, and actually got one. I am not overly excited but I will be muzzleloader doe hunting at Fort Cobb this fall. After, putting in for draws in Alaska for and never getting anything ever, I will claim this as a small victory for me. it should be a good fun hunt! This only my first year so I wont be upset about not getting an ELK or buck.....I figure I have alot of years to catch up before I am allowed to complain.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea, I think this is my 37th or 38th year and so far I've been drawn for a doe tag at Lawton...I put in for it just to see the country and have a good time...Misson accomplished...We had a really nice trip and a lot of fun and memorys..I will continue to apply for the bull elk and the buck deer at Lawton until I'm in Depends (which may not be that much longer) and trading my adult beverages for ensure +...At that point in life I probably won't care if I get drawn or not...anyway..congrats on your doe tag...you'll have a good trip... ;D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
This will be my fifth trip to McAlester in 22 years. Twice in Deer Creek area and will be my 3 trip into the Boggy area. Flung lots of arrows and had a blast every time. Always looking for McAlester advice if there's any floating around the forum, which by the way I just discovered today!

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I drew Big Mac last year on the disability hunt in the Hominy area the first time I put in.
I had elbow surgery and can only use a crossbow now.
Were you sucessful at McAlester?
I got a quality pass for taking a doe last year, and missed a quality buck. (long story if your bored and want to hear about it)
I'll be going back Oct 8-10. I think those dates are correct.
Most complain about the heat and insects, but the days I was there, it was awesome. A light mist to knock the scent down and 70+ degree temps.

I guess global warming hadn't kicked in by that time ::)

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
Suckers every last one of you!!! I drew every tag I applied for, which was a big fat zero. So congrats to those that won the lotto and for those that didn't better luck next year. Lord knows I'll be applying next year. Atleast i got this fall to look forward to.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Got drawn for a spring turkey hunt at Cherokee. Gonna miss the Okmulgee deer hunt.

·
Registered
231 Posts
State of Oregon gave me the same tag. Ive heard the animal right nuts and other granola people are now applying for the controlled tags in an effort to save at least one more helpless animal from the meany hunters. @#$holes I say every last one of them, they don't realize that now they just signed a death warrant for these animals because the herds will get to big, leading to starvation.

·
Super Moderator
10,993 Posts
State of Oregon gave me the same tag. Ive heard the animal right nuts and other granola people are now applying for the controlled tags in an effort to save at least one more helpless animal from the meany hunters. @#$holes I say every last one of them, they don't realize that now they just signed a death warrant for these animals because the herds will get to big, leading to starvation.
The only draw hunt I ever got drawn for was the Great Dismal Swamp NWR bear hunt in Virginia 2 years ago. Only 50 tags and a 2 day hunt. Given it was so close to the tree hugger National HQ they showed up in mass to protest the hunt and shout will bull horns and honk car horns all day. They tried to block the entry road to the main check in station but the wardens had none of that. While I didn't hear any of the noise they made the first day from my hunting location I could the second day. Thank goodness the NWR was closed to everyone but hunters those two days.
I have heard they apply for these hunts year after year all over the country. Yes it sucks they do take a tag away form a hunter you can also look at it as they are spending money on licenses and permit applications that goes back the the wildlife just like ours money does.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I drew a hunt at Salt Plains several years ago. There were a half dozen protesters there, but they didn't stay long. The place is too big for them to have disturbed any hunting. As far as I know, that was the only time they came out.

·
Administrator
14,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
21 minutes to go........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts