Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and I are taking our sons fishing on lake Eufaula Monday. We plan on renting a pontoon out of the Eufaula Cove Marina. Any suggestions on where to go from there would be greatly appreciated. The boys want to catch bass mainly. Any breed just some bass.

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
I haven't been on that lake since a kid. I have nothing to offer other than standard advice for any lake at this time. j
Look for main lake points where the bass will be deep. There will be a thermocline at around 18' give or take. The fish won't go below that because there is very limited oxygen for them.
They will suspend during the day and move into feeding areas where there are weeds, etc toward evening.
Look for points close to those feeding areas.
Early morning the bass will be feeding in the shallows until light and heat of the day drive them back to deeper water.
Good luck and let us know how the trip turns out.

Reactions: kwaynem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I'm looking forward to recieve your reply about fishing there. I thought to visit this lake with my nephews.

·
Banned
6 Posts
I would also like to fish there, but because of covid I can't, I am staying at home for more than six months already. I am waiting for the isolation to stop and after that to go fishing in Portugal. I have been there to rest for one year and noticed that there are a lot of beautiful places where I can go with my friends and son. The interest also grows when I look on https://missaopesca.com.br/pesca-na-amazonia for the best place where to go and see how beautiful there is. I have already prepared everything but wait for a solution with covid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't sweat the Chicom virus, especially out fishing. That said the Chicom virus is far less deadly than the media tells you.

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
I would also like to fish there, but because of covid I can't, I am staying at home for more than six months already. I am waiting for the isolation to stop and after that to go fishing in Portugal. I have been there to rest for one year and noticed that there are a lot of beautiful places where I can go with my friends and son. The interest also grows when I look on https://missaopesca.com.br/pesca-na-amazonia for the best place where to go and see how beautiful there is. I have already prepared everything but wait for a solution with covid.
That looks like a great place to fish. Do you have a link with an english language version?

·
Administrator
13,580 Posts
I wouldn't sweat the Chicom virus, especially out fishing. That said the Chicom virus is far less deadly than the media tells you.
Heck no. When in the woods or on the water there is zero chance of getting anything. That's why I love it so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts