Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOVE: Sept. 1 - Nov. 9 (70-day season) Statewide (excluding southwest zone)
Southwest zone:
Will not be announced until August/September.
44days 31days 22 days 3 days IN SEASON ;D ;D ;D
DEER SEASONS: The archery deer season runs from Oct 1 through Jan 15.
The muzzleloading season opens on the fourth Saturday in October
and runs for nine days. The deer gun season opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving
and runs for 16 days.

ARCHERY: Oct. 1 - 2010-Jan. 15, 201174 days 31days 22 days 19 days IN SEASON ;D ;D ;D

MUZZLELOADING: Oct. 23 - 31, 2010 (Antlerless days vary by zone)97 days 84 days 75 days 56 days 51 days
23days
GUN: Nov. 20 - Dec. 5, 2010 (Antlerless days vary by zone)125 days 112 days 103 days 84days 79 days 70 days 51 days

YOUTH DEER GUN: Oct. 15-17, 2010; statewide 89 days 76 days 67 days 48 days 43 days 34 days 15 days

HOLIDAY ANTLERLESS DEER GUN SEASON: Dec. 17 - 26 (Open only in certain zones).152 days 139 days 130 days 111 days 106 days 97 days 78 days[/color]

SEPTEMBER TEAL: Sept. 11-26, 2010; Statewide.
-55 days 42 days 33 days 13 days 9 days IN SEASON ;D ;D ;D SEASON CLOSED :'( :'( :'(

SPECIAL RESIDENT CANADA GOOSE: Sept. 11-20, 2010; Statewide.
-55 days 42 days 33 days 13 days 9 days IN SEASON ;D ;D ;D SEASON CLOSED :'( :'( :'(
Panhandle Counties (High Plains Mallard Management Unit)
October 9, 2010 - January 5, 2011

*Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days
October 2-3, 2010

Zone 1
October 23 - November 28, 2010
December 11 - January 16, 2010
October 16 - 17, 2010

Zone 2
November 6 - November 28, 2010
December 11, 2010 - January 30, 2011
October 30-31, 2010

TURKEY: Check regulations pertaining to individual counties. Fall 2010 Season:
  • [li]
    Gun: Oct. 30 - Nov. 19; open only in select counties.105 days 92 days 83 days 64 days 59 days 50 days 30 days
    Archery: Oct 1, 2010 - Jan. 15, 2011; statewide74 days 61 days 52 days 33 days 28 days 19 days
    IN SEASON ;D ;D ;D
    [/li]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks Bull for the post...Gives us all something to look forward to. I don't even hunt all the hunting seasons but what they do mean is my favorite time of year is coming soon..I very much look forward to the first morning of a nice frost when all the leaves start falling..It's a pretty good time to be alive..Reading your post made me feel better about these brutally hot days we've been having...Stay cool my friend....Sasakwa ;D

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Too danged hot to even go fishing....My pool is 96 degrees. Feels like getting into a hot tub.
Its getting closer to hunting season though. Hadn't thought about how close it really is. 44 days for dove...I'm ready. ;D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ole Buddy you talk about hot...I shoveled gravel Saturday (aprox 4000 pounds) and moved furniture Sunday...as you know, I'm OLD, and FAT...got dizzy a few times and everything would get a little blurred...but...I'm still here..It's such a blessing to be in shape.. ;D
Yes...even if I don't fire a shot at a bird, I so much look forward to reading about all yawls bird hunts..That means it getting cooler..Speaking of bird hunts...I still have a personal goal of legally harvesting a Canadian Goose this lifetime..Dennis,,,maybe you and I should work on that this year... ;D

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Yep, I'm ready to get out in the fall woods and away from work. Just spent 16 days in Wisconson and sure is some pretty country up there. First time I've been there when it wasn't -4.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It really got me thinking when I was working the post. Here it is mid July and Sep 1st is but 44 days away. I was thinking wow its almost that time again. Then when I start doing the other season dates I was thinking holly crap thats still a long time away. Its nearly 6 months yet before the holitday hunt time.
But the next 44 day will fly by as fast as slug sheet on an ice cube.
I'll keep editing the dates once a week or so.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Ole Buddy you talk about hot...I shoveled gravel Saturday (aprox 4000 pounds) and moved furniture Sunday...as you know, I'm OLD, and FAT...got dizzy a few times and everything would get a little blurred...but...I'm still here..It's such a blessing to be in shape.. ;D
Yes...even if I don't fire a shot at a bird, I so much look forward to reading about all yawls bird hunts..That means it getting cooler..Speaking of bird hunts...I still have a personal goal of legally harvesting a Canadian Goose this lifetime..Dennis,,,maybe you and I should work on that this year... ;D
I've never killed one either....I think you have a good Idea. I may have a pond that they come to. Its a friends, but I have a key to the gate. We'll figure something out.:D Maybe tell Balusko the we will whip his butt if he doesn't take us to his honey hole:D

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis & Sasakwa- Geese.
Give a call will work something out.

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
certainly is a possibility. Might be a load of fun. Just depends on the time of year, and our schedule.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Give me a call and will try to work it all out this up coming season..

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
What are the season dates for Goose? I saw Bullbusters post on the resident season geese, but have they published the migratory?

If I'm not wrong, we are on plant overhaul for 6-8 weeks, starting in Sept.
6-7 days a week.
I'm going to have hell getting off for the bow hunt at Big Mac the second weekend of Oct, but I'll pull it off come hell or high water on that one.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Dennis, Geese will start in Nov.
Got plenty of time to plan something out.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATED ;D ;D ;D

·
Administrator
14,067 Posts
Getting closer. I've started getting ready for dove already. Bought some more wads to get shells reloaded, and bought one of those 5 gal buckets that has the camo swivel seats on it. Insulated inside to keep birds fresh.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bear opens Sunday August 1st. I can't wait. Hopefully all my homework will pay off this year.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talked to my twin brother yesterday. He's gear'n up for bear in WA as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATED ;D ;D ;D

·
Super Moderator
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 31 Posts