Once again, I'd like to thank the Vets that served before my generation of soldiers. They set the bar high and gave us a very high standard to try to live up to. Thanks to them, the US military has by far the best soldiers in the world. And forever my gratitude for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice, we will always remember you. Also the families of all soldiers, a big thanks to those that stand behind the soldiers.
I watched a show on the history channel showing all of the overseas cemetaries and the local people who visit them. One place even takes their school children so they will know American's lost their lives for their freedom.
1. The American Cemetery at Aisne-Marne , France . 2289 americans dead
2. The American Cemetery at Ardennes , Belgium . A total of 5329 of our dead.
We are arrogant.
3. The American Cemetery at Brittany, France . A total of 4410 of our military dead.
4. Brookwood , England American Cemetery. A total of 468 of our dead.
5. Cambridge , England . 3812 of our military dead.
6. Epinal , France American Cemetery. A total of 5525 of our Military dead.
7. Flanders Field , Belgium . A total of 368 of our military.
8. Florence , Italy . A total of 4402 of our military dead.
9. Henri-Chapelle , Belgium . A total of 7992 of our military dead.
10. Lorraine , France . A total of 10,489 of our military dead.
11. Luxembourg , Luxembourg . A total of 5076 of our military dead.
12. Meuse-Argonne. A total of 14246 of our military dead.
13. Netherlands , Netherlands . A total of 8301 of our military dead.
14. Normandy , France . A total of 9387 of our military dead.
15. Oise-Aisne , France . A total of 6012 of our military dead.
16. Rhone , France . A total of 861 of our military dead.
17. Sicily , Italy . A total of 7861 of our military dead.
18. Somme , France . A total of 1844 of our military dead.
19. St. Mihiel , France . A total of 4153 of our military dead.
20. Suresnes , France . a total of 1541 of our military dead.
IF I ADDED CORRECTLY
THE COUNT IS 104,366
Apologize to no one. Remind those of our sacrifice and don't confuse
arrogance with leadership.
As Americans, let's all look forward to the next elections - to find
a President who doesn't think we need to be ashamed.
In my old 130 days I had the honor of visiting several of the Military Cemetaries throughout Europe. In all my travels I have never seen places so well kept, so well laid out and so somber. I had no idea that those grounds could have such an emotional effect on a person, but you cannot visit one with out feeling something inside of you. The battle grounds at Normandy beach also will also move a person while walking thru the 20ft deep naval gun craters and seeing 10ft thick concrete with 2" rebar sheard as a result of the impact. I have a lot, and I mean a lot of respect for the WWII guys that made that run across the beach and the whole rest of the war. Don't know if I'd of had the kahonies to even attempt it.
My last duty station on active duty was at Ft. Leavenworth Ks. Our operations was adjacent to the National Cemetary on the post grounds. Soldiers from before the civil war are buried there. It was heartbreaking to go thru there and see all the graves of unknown soldiers. For every one of them I thought of a family that had a loved one that never returned and they never had a clue to what happened to them or if they were still alive and just didn't come home