Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I'm the only one to report on the second session of the duck season. How is it going for the rest of you?

·
Registered
840 Posts
They are flying way better. Went hunting Saturday morning. I had a teacher workshop to go to so I didn't bother with decoys and had to sit on the wrong side of the pond, so I saw plenty, shot none. When I got back later that morning, set the decoys out, and saw plenty of ringnecks, but waited patiently for the larger ducks to show and only got one widgeon out of the deal.

Sunday morning before church, 40+ ringnecks landed directly in front of me, but I want more than just ringnecks. 4 gadwalls landed across the pond, but when they swam closer, I jumped them and started shooting. Shot a ringneck and a gadwall, and lost another gadwall.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Total smack down for Saturday.
Me,Honcho,shadybear & game chef limited out.Honcho& gamechef killed 1 each of Giant canada's.
Honcho & gamechef limited out again on Sunday with Mallard & Pintail.

Saturday's Hunt....

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ROCK ON MAN ;D ;D ;D

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Man, thats a big pile of birds :eek:
Looks like a great day ;D

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats with the I just got goosed look? :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bull: Thanks bud.
My face was froze.{ I have no idea about that face expression} ??? ::) .
It was cold & I wanted back into some warmer closes.

Dennis: Thanks buddy.
We had a very good time in the blind & the birds were in thick all morning long.
{We do our best to limit out on every trip}!!! ;D 8)

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure it was cold. Atleast ya didn't take a swim like I did the first sesion.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I have fallen into that slump hole twice now in front of the blind.
Just glad,I never fall down to far to get soaked.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Bird, thanks buddy. Look forward to when ya can make it to the blind.

Dennis, Don't ask? I still have no idea on that facial expression ??? .
I was cold & very happy with the hunt. ;D

·
Registered
52 Posts
i know what that look is for but im sworn to secrecy. o well honcho and gauge went behind the blind for awhile, i heard some strange noses coming from that area but i was to afraid to look. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Was a GREAT weekend of duck hunting. We had issues on Saturday with a group too close to us and all the birds landing in there lap. Between the 4 of us we scraped together maybe 12 birds.

Today was a differant story. We had a steady flow of birds all morning. Took me a bit to get my game on but I was able to knock a few down. We ended up Gauge, Mike and I all with limits. I had never seen birds turn 180 and fall from the sky like rocks when called like they did today to Mike and gauges calling. It was a sight to see and I'm glad I got to experience it first hand.

Will have pics up soon.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Sounds like another great day hunting! Congrats on getting your limits. The ducks are thick on the ponds around here right now.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Nices ;Dhooting

·
Registered
39 Posts
Haven't been on in awhile, been busy. Went out Monday morning as well and shot another limit of greenheads and a pintail for my sixth. Second half of the season is going real well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.