341 - 360 of 384 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Reactions: dennishoddy

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Been meaning to get a few cam pics posted up. I got a new iPhone and now my Stealth cam SD card reader no longer works. The app required to use it (iDrivePro) isn't even available in the app store anymore. Have had to load onto laptop now to even view. Anyway here's a few pics from the pond cam....

Momma bobcat with 2 kittens
View attachment 5852

View attachment 5854

View attachment 5856

View attachment 5858
My stealth cam card reader quit on me too after a software upgrade on the phone.
I found this on Amazon. Reads SD cards with no app required. Just plug in a card and the pics appear on the phone automatically.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
I had that stealth cam SD reader for about 4 years now I’d say. I got my $20 in use from it. I’ll look into the one you’ve mentioned.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have a whole lot more brush hogging to do before getting any cams out. MY Hunting areas are jungles with johnson grass and sunflowers. Didn't help that I ran over an implement friday and blew out a tire on the tractor. No way to get it fixed until tuesday.
If the ag men could develops an alfalfa that grew like Johnson grass they could put the feed companies out of business. After cutting our brome fields this spring the Johnson grass literally took over every acre of it and like you said it has some hybrid vigor this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
If the ag men could develops an alfalfa that grew like Johnson grass they could put the feed companies out of business. After cutting our brome fields this spring the Johnson grass literally took over every acre of it and like you said it has some hybrid vigor this year.

Danged hard to get rid of too once it shows up. There are some sprays but you have to catch it young. The spray would kill the brome too.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Danged hard to get rid of too once it shows up. There are some sprays but you have to catch it young. The spray would kill the brome too.
Very true. The chemicals also kill the fescue and most other broad leaf grasses and cause Johnson grass to become toxic to horses and cattle. Produces something similar no arsenic poisoning. We have used Roundup in a weed wiper and weed wicks with some success but at the time the widest they made was maybe 10 feet and you had to drive very very slow.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Very true. The chemicals also kill the fescue and most other broad leaf grasses and cause Johnson grass to become toxic to horses and cattle. Produces something similar no arsenic poisoning. We have used Roundup in a weed wiper and weed wicks with some success but at the time the widest they made was maybe 10 feet and you had to drive very very slow.

The wipers have gotten bigger. I've seen some that do a 30' swath but like you said, its a slow ride to get it spread.
My Uncle(not Perry) used to grow johnson grass to harvest the seeds back in the 60's. He grew it and the USFS contracted with some commercial harvesters to combine it. They used the seed to spread by airplane over forest fire areas until they realized how invasive it was and how beneficial forest fires were to create new forests. They have learned a lot since then.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Overgrazing is the best thing to get rid of johnson grass unless you want to spray the good stuff. Cattle love it and they keep eaten down to where there's not enough leaf for the plant to survive. Takes a couple of years.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Overgrazing is the best thing to get rid of johnson grass unless you want to spray the good stuff. Cattle love it and they keep eaten down to where there's not enough leaf for the plant to survive. Takes a couple of years.
Yep. That or intensive tilling. I fixed a 60 acre place using peanut sweeps that take the rhizomes above the ground so the sun can dry them out to die. Took working that ground almost two years to completely eliminate them between planting wheat and working the ground in the off season.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
My stealth cam card reader quit on me too after a software upgrade on the phone.
I found this on Amazon. Reads SD cards with no app required. Just plug in a card and the pics appear on the phone automatically.

Do you use this with your iPhone? Description only talks about using it with an iPad and no mention of phone capabilities.

·
Administrator
14,053 Posts
Do you use this with your iPhone? Description only talks about using it with an iPad and no mention of phone capabilities.
Look real close at the lightning connector in the pic. it says amazon choice for Iphone next to it.

Reactions: Bullbuster

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts
Look real close at the lightning connector in the pic. it says amazon choice for Iphone next to it.
I saw a few others that were 1/2 the price but I know you get what you pay for. Will probably order it today as it’s it bugging me not being able to check them in the field.

·
Super Moderator
10,999 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have this and use it with my iPhone works great. Much quicker than most of the other card readers. The only thing that I have found is that if you have a lot of pictures on the SD card it takes a long time to delete all the pictures.

341 - 360 of 384 Posts