Oklahoma Hunting Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Beautiful animal! I love that intense stare he has. ;D
Do you primarily hunt quail?

Personally I have two bird dogs. One is a wanna be, and the other a pretty good upland hunter.
First one found a cardinal that had flown into a window and died. He never eats them, but carries them around until I can get it away from him.
1/2 Schitzu, 1/2 wire haired terrier.
Second is Gunner. Like you, its my boy. Posted is my favorite pic. He knows when I'm gathering up to go hunting. Got the sweet 16 out of the safe one day, and leaned it up against the recliner. He made sure we didn't leave the house without him. ;)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
This was my Black Lab I had when I was 18. Her name was Duchess. That Lab really loved to hunt. She was the best one I have ever had so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,686 Posts
Well I'll have to dig up some pics but I had a half black/choc lab that was still young and raw when she left me. My German Shepard was a retrieving machine. Water, mud, tall grass, thick vegetation didn't matter to her. Also swam better than the lab did. I miss her too but she was a chicken killing machine and had to go.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Where do you hunt?
I agree. BUT! roading harvest equipment around the NW part of the state, I saw several mating pairs on the road. With the current way that farming takes place, the quail have taken to using roadsides as nesting areas. I for one leave habitat for quail on my places, but it takes more than that to get the population overall back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hunt mainly around Lamont, Tonkawa, and Marland. If I am not mistaken you are in PC? That's where I grew up.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Here is my Lab that I have now. I hope she is trainable.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
I hunt mainly around Lamont, Tonkawa, and Marland. If I am not mistaken you are in PC? That's where I grew up.
Same areas I hunt.

I have been jug fishing on Kaw Lake for the last two days, and am amazed that I've heard so many quail up on the bank. Its nesting season for them and the "bob white" whistle I'm hearing gives me hope that they are still around, abeit smaller numbers, but so far the nesting season is getting great weather. ;D

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
Here is my Lab that I have now. I hope she is trainable.
Labs are so smart, that I'm sure you won't have any trouble. ;D

·
Banned
1 Posts
Beautiful animal! I love that intense stare he has. ;D
Do you primarily hunt quail?

Personally I have two bird dogs. One is a wanna be, and the other a pretty good upland hunter.
First one found a cardinal that had flown into a window and died. He never eats them, but carries them around until I can get it away from him.
1/2 Schitzu, 1/2 wire haired terrier.
Second is Gunner. Like you, its my boy. Posted is my favorite pic. He knows when I'm gathering up to go hunting. Got the sweet 16 out of the safe one day, and leaned it up against the recliner. He made sure we didn't leave the house without him. ;)

those were beautiful pictures of your dog and you. If you want to read blogs on animals please check out this website Furry Beings -<a href="furrybeings.com">Visit furry beings</a>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts